Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you planning to order the new PRS-505 ?
Yes, definitely, asap! 16 18.82%
Yes, as soon as I have the money 7 8.24%
Maybe, I'm not sure... 14 16.47%
No, I already have a PRS-500 and it suits me perfectly 42 49.41%
No, I have another reader (iRex, Hanlin,...) and I don't want a new reader 3 3.53%
No, and I don't own a reader yet 3 3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Who is planning to order the new PRS-505?

So, who wanna buy this new reader here?
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Shoulda had an option for: "I have a PRS-500 and it suits me perfectly, but man is that 505 tempting! Maybe next week."
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by guguy View Post
So, who wanna buy this new reader here?
Me! Me, me, me!!!

Okay, I admit it. I want the new PRS505 to supplement my collection of PRS500 and Cybook Gen3! (Of course, I wouldn't turn down a gift of an iLiad V2 if someone wanted to drop it my way. ) And the concept eInk reader with dual 6" displays that Hanlin has leaked *SERIOUSLY* intrigue me.

But I *will* be buying a PRS505!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Another one you could've added: "Maybe if the $50 deal comes back." I'm just not satisfied enough with a $300 price tag to spend on one, especially when I already have a PDA that I'm happy reading on.

(Of course, what I really want is a UMPC...)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Shoulda had an option for: "I have a PRS-500 and it suits me perfectly, but man is that 505 tempting! Maybe next week."

And damn, you're right I should have written "perfectly" and not "perfect", my english
isn't very good, sorry.
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by guguy View Post

And damn, you're right I should have written "perfectly" and not "perfect", my english
isn't very good, sorry.
It's a web forum, not literature. Forgiven!

And maybe I should have written "Maybe tomorrow" instead of next week. I suddenly have an itch in my wallet!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Very tempting and I'd love to fiddle with the new firmware but my PRS-500 still works perfectly fine...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I just can't justify buying the PRS-505....I like it though and if I didn't already have the 500 I'd definitely buy it.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

I did it. Yikes! If I'm lucky, maybe it could be here by Friday...
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchance View Post
I did it. Yikes! If I'm lucky, maybe it could be here by Friday...
You do realize that you just volunteered to do a "hands-on" review, don't you?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #11
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Yeah I know. I just couldn't pass it up. I resisted the 500 because I couldn't afford it at the time, I was very interested in the Cybook, but the 505 is available now and looks great. My wife is calling it my anniversary/birthday present and that's fine with me. Plus I have a trip back to blighty coming up in November and this will be GREAT for the plane.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #12
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Which we'll expect to see in about twelve minutes ago.

Personally, I'm going to wait and see A) How much benefit trickles down to the 500 and B) What comes out of Bookeen in the next 30 days.

But I do love new toys!
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimo1re View Post
I just can't justify buying the PRS-505....I like it though and if I didn't already have the 500 I'd definitely buy it.
For me the question will focus on one thing: the screen. If the contrast is materially better and the screen is therefore noticeably more readable I will buy one. The other new features by themselves are not enough to lure me to the purchase. For me, its all about how it treats my eyes.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #14
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
should have on option: I'll decide after I'll see the Kindle and the Cybook --- anyway that's what I'm going to do..
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The faster refresh rate makes it rather tempting and it would be nice to have one to make sure it works with libprs500, but I can't afford $300 for just that
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote