Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Tarro Kindle
Tarro Kindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Angry Downloading to Kindle without wi-fi network or 3G

I recently bought the latest Kindle 3 for my mom. She does not have wi-fi at her house but does have internet. Is there a step by step guide to downloading books from her amazon account to her kindle without having to go on the wifi network. I cannot seem to find a simple way to do this. I am about ready to send it back and buy her the 3G version but thought I would post a thread first.

Simple and step by step guide is what she needs. Thanks so much.

Thanks
Tarro Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro Kindle View Post
I recently bought the latest Kindle 3 for my mom. She does not have wi-fi at her house but does have internet. Is there a step by step guide to downloading books from her amazon account to her kindle without having to go on the wifi network. I cannot seem to find a simple way to do this. I am about ready to send it back and buy her the 3G version but thought I would post a thread first.

Simple and step by step guide is what she needs. Thanks so much.

Thanks
Go to your Amazon Account. Then follow these links:
"View Kindle Orders & Charges"
"Manage Your Kindle"

Now scroll to the bottom of this page, and a list of all Kindle books bought will appear. There's a pop-up menu to the right of each book detail line. "Deliver to...". Select "Transfer via Computer...", and then select her Kindle (probably the only thing in the pop-up list) in the window that opens, and click "Download to computer".

The file is now downloaded to wherever downloads go on her computer. Find it.

Plug in the Kindle using the USB cable. It will appear on her computer as an external mass storage device. Copy the file downloaded to the computer onto the Kindle **INTO THE DOCUMENTS FOLDER** on the Kindle.

Eject the kindle. ("safely remove hardware on Windows, I think) Unplug the Kindle. Your book is now on the Kindle and ready to be read.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-13-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: a couple of minor typos
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Let us know if the above advice solves your problem ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

welcome I hope you get it worked out.
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, tarro.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tarro and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome Tarro!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hi Tarro, Welcome to MobileRead!

pdurrant has you covered on transferring content via the USB cable. I would like to suggest adding this refurbished $31 Wireless N Router to your mom's internet set-up. That way she'll always be connected without the USB cable and it comes in handy for other gadgets as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Amandaa.
Amandaa. began at the beginning.

Well I'm looking at this to get books on MY kindle, and I was wondering if the same worked for regular Kindles, no 3 or anything, and where the link "View Kindle Order & Charges" IS exactly on the home page.
Amandaa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandaa. View Post
Well I'm looking at this to get books on MY kindle, and I was wondering if the same worked for regular Kindles, no 3 or anything, and where the link "View Kindle Order & Charges" IS exactly on the home page.
It's not on the home page, but on the "Your Account" page.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote