Notices

Old 02-24-2014, 04:55 AM   #1
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
Image rantlet

A tiny, tiny rant about tiny, tiny images

This, I do not doubt, is nothing new and perhaps due to limitations of the epub format, but when an ebook has images I'd love to be able to actually see them. Often they are tiny little things at the top of the page, and especially annoying when they are not just there for decoration, but for information (.e.g maps).

There, better now.
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:08 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Yep.

I think from now on, if a book has a map, I'm going to edit the epub so that the map is the front cover of the book. Then all I need do to consult the map while reading is to send the device to sleep.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Yep.

I think from now on, if a book has a map, I'm going to edit the epub so that the map is the front cover of the book. Then all I need do to consult the map while reading is to send the device to sleep.
That is a splendid idea, too bad it only works when only one image is available. Or can you make it switch cover as you pass through new images?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:02 AM   #4
Jarulf
Connoisseur
Jarulf began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
That is a good idea. :-)
As it is I sometimes try to find a better image on the net and open it on my Nexus 7 (as a 'second screen')
Jarulf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images