Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #16
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangkict View Post
Could anyone can help to answer why I can't use mobi2html for this below file
I suggest deleting the link, since you probably don't have the right to distribute the ebook.

Three possibilities: a) ebook is DRM-free but uses MOBI-specific compression, b) MOBI is "content encrypted", c) your PID is entered incorrectly on the mobidedrm command line.

For (a), try importing the file into Calibre and reading it. If you can read it, then convert to ePub using Calibre (ePub is just a ZIP file, unzip - edit - rezip - convert back to MOBI).

For (b): MOBI has a DRM mode where there is no PID but the ebook is encrypted and can only be read by MobiPocket's own Reader. See Content Encryption.

If (c) then there are other threads giving advice, but the fist thing to try is put all arguments in quotes (single quotes on the Mac). You could also try pid_checksum.py.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #17
dangkict
dangkict began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I suggest deleting the link, since you probably don't have the right to distribute the ebook.
hi WallCraft, thank you very much for your advice.
Dont worry, this ebook is freely distributed.
I can read it on my PC and the other 2 devices.
For your advices:
a) I can't read using Calibre, it told me; "This book is protected by DRM".
c) Always tell me wrong PID
b) IT WORKS

Thank you very much
You are de man

Edit: For my case, my device always display some characters in SQUAREs (I'm not using English)
My solution is to convert to HTML, delete all Fonts Face, then convert back to PRC,
Cheer

Last edited by dangkict; 05-15-2009 at 10:14 PM.
dangkict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:10 AM   #18
Reddevil
Reddevil began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Silver (ordered... waiting to arrive!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangkict View Post
Hi Everyone,
4) I found that this is DRM-ed, so I'm try to use MobileDeDRM 0.5 with my PID, but it told me "Error: no key found. maybe the PID is incorrect"
What should I do?
I was getting the same error using my mobipocket PID until I renamed the .prc file I was trying to remove the DRM off to something simple like blah.prc. Try taking any spaces/underscores/or any other symbols out of the file name.

Post 72

I knew my PID was correct and I was running the script properly, when I tried my PID in quotes it just said invalid checksum.. took me a good 2 hours to figure the underscore in the prc file thing out.
Reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote