Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
wear_a_helmet
wear_a_helmet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Scheduled news download epub contains massive TOC button

Hi all,

I have been having a problem with all my epubs downloaded via the Fetch News function.

At the bottom of my T2 there is this massive wasted space with a TOC button:
http://imgur.com/AvczS

For what it is worth: I am running Calibre 0.9.6 (this behaviour isn't new or particular to this version though), and Sony T2 is running firmware 1003 09 110 (which is the latest).

Sometimes the epub renders perfectly (e.g.: without the TOC botton at the bottom), but I can't reproduce the error. The only consistent behaviour I can seem to find is that when I download the epub via the content server, it never displays correctly, versus when I plug it in via USB, it sometimes displays correctly.

Any ideas?

Last edited by wear_a_helmet; 11-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.
wear_a_helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its not an an error, it's what the sony reader software does with files it identifies as periodicals. You dont like it, ask SONY to give you an option to turn it off.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
wear_a_helmet

Thanks for the answer. Is there a way to download the epubs and not have them recognised as periodicals? I assume this information is contained in the files?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set your output profile to something other than sony, that might do the trick, though I have no clue what algorithhm the T2 uses to determine the periodicalness of an epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
wear_a_helmet

Thanks! Works fine now. I'd rather not have them recognized as periodicals and be able to read it without the big TOC.

Tags
epub, news, recipes, table of contents