Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Need help with lrf-meta

Using the command window I type in lrfmeta to see what the options are but they zip by so fast with no way to scroll up to see what they are.

1) Could someone tell me how to set the author and author sort data eg Julius Caesar = author and Caesar, Julius = author sort.

2) Also if the book cover is perfect in lrfviewer do I need to add a book cover to the meta-data so the Sony 505 will show a thumbnail? If so could someone also tell me how to do that?

Why do I need this?
I have been using html2lrf (not libprs500 GUI) as it allows me to fix .lit ebooks with errors (by exploding them first).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19773

Cheers.

Last edited by shousa; 01-31-2008 at 06:42 PM.
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah!!!!! I wish I had this years ago!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
shousa
Groupie

Oohh wait a sec lrf-meta says "making changes may render your lrf file undreadable".

Is it buggy? Are the chances of it working good generally or not?

Also if the book cover is perfect in lrfviewer do I need to add a book cover to the meta-data so the Sony 505 will show a thumbnail?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No it's not buggy. I should probably take that out.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
shousa
Groupie

Oh that is good.

Also if the book cover is perfect in lrfviewer (made from exploded .lit with html2lrf) will the 505 show a thumbnail based on that or will I need to add a small thumbnail as well?

(still waiting on 505 to arrive)
Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The 505 doesn't show thumbnails, only the SONY connect software does that
Old 02-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
shousa
Groupie

On Mobileread I noticed the ebooks have the author as "Caesar,Julius" (no space) and the author-sort as "Caesar, Julius" (with a space).

Thinking this was the way to do it I changed all my ebooks using this method - which I found the most rapid (perhaps 20 secs per book).

1) In Libprs500 GUI highlight all the books and choose to save to disk.

2) For each ebook to have the author changed do the following:

a) open meta-data in GUI and change

b) detach current .lrf file

c) find where you saved the .lrfs (from point 1) and copy and paste the .lrf you wish to change to directory c:/1/, then rename it to 1.lrf

d) copy and past author details from GUI into wordpad within this text
C:\progra~1\libprs~1\lrf-meta C:\1\1.lrf --author=Caesar,Julius --author-sort="Julius, Caesar"

e) copy and paste the text from (d) into console and press <enter>
(link provided by kovid - http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/)

f) attach 1.lrf to current book in GUI

It did not seem to matter that each file being connected was named 1.lrf - when doing step 1 again later it renames it to the title and number again.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by shousa; 02-03-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's because the GUI doesn't keep track of the files on your file system.