Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Robert Sullivan
Robert Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Damage to Kindle

My name is Bob Sullivan. I have been using my wife's Kindle for the past month. When I began there was apparently no problem. Now cracks have developed on the Kindle case from below. These are caused by the attachment of the protective leather cover.

Has anyone else experienced this? What's the fix?
Robert Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I suggest you contact Amazon asap. There have been reports of some of the Amazon covers when folded back causing cracks in the Kindle to appear. They should send a replacement. Kindle
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Robert Sullivan

Accidental Damage Plan? No thanks. I've been in the insurance business...I know how those things work. The Kindle is months old. The protective cover has been on it less than a month. I guess I'll try to get it repaired somewhere. Thank you.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Robert Sullivan

Whoa...Daffy...thank you.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Sullivan View Post
Accidental Damage Plan? No thanks. I've been in the insurance business...I know how those things work. The Kindle is months old. The protective cover has been on it less than a month. I guess I'll try to get it repaired somewhere. Thank you.
Did I mess something... "Accidental Damage Plan"? This is known issue and the Kindle is still under warranty.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Robert and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote