Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
karen.sibley
karen.sibley began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
SIMPLE answer - correcting, author, title in library

Please help. I am no computer genius. Some books I have purchased when uploaded to the ereader library do not have the correct author (in fact all authors are indexed on first name what is that all about!) with the cygen book I can just alter the information so it reads correctly and sorts my books in a logical way. Is there anyway I can do this in the ereader? Maybe I've just missed it but I can't seems to see a way to edit this information.
karen.sibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
For some stange reason the Sony ebook library sorts on the first name of the author, I'm not sure why. You can't change the book details or meta-data in the ebook library software.

Many 505 members here at MobileRead use Calibre (an ebook management programme) which will allow you to change the information on most books and sort using tags.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Calibre

By the way, welcome to MobileRead!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert