Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2014, 02:15 AM   #61
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Thanks, Linux accepts the -t switch too so I'll use that for both systems.

A patch32lsb executable is still needed to run it on a Mac though.
Indeed! It builds with two minor compiler warnings:

Code:
/tmp/patch_kobo_330/tools/patch32lsb.c:166:16: warning: implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int' [-Wshorten-64-to-32]
      return q - line;
      ~~~~~~ ~~^~~~~~
/tmp/patch_kobo_330/tools/patch32lsb.c:200:19: warning: implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int' [-Wshorten-64-to-32]
  return q - line - 1;
  ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~^~~
2 warnings generated.
Attached is a copy built which should run on OS X 10.8 and 10.9. I've only checked on 10.9.

I appear to have called it patch33lsb when I built it, but it can be renamed. I guess you'll want to figure out how to make the script switch between this binary and the Linux binary based on something like the case...esac code I posted yesterday, but that will depend a bit on how you decide to package things up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip macbinary.zip (15.5 KB, 234 views)
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #62
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Thanks so much GeoffR and everybody else working on these patches! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: Before anybody starts checking on the error I'm reporting below, I think I might have found a mistake I made. Gonna check that first...

but...

EDIT 2: That wasn't it. I had forgotten to comment out the Glo/Aura line on the Synopsis font size fix after ncommenting it for the AuraHD, but I still get the same error after fixing that, so here's the problem:

Unfortunately, something isn't working properly when I try running the patcher for my Aura HD on Windows 7. I don't get a tgz file but a folder full of lots of small files.

Here's the report:

Spoiler:
Code:
unpack ... C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Kobo Firmware and Patches\Patch 330\A
uraHD\patch_kobo_330

7-Zip (A) 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18

Processing archive: kobo-update-3.3.0.zip

Extracting  KoboRoot.tgz

Everything is Ok

Size:       89671023
Compressed: 93422443

Processing archive: KoboRoot.tgz

Extracting  KoboRoot.tar

Everything is Ok

Size:       145776640
Compressed: 89671023

Processing archive: KoboRoot.tar

No files to process

Files: 0
Size:       0
Compressed: 145776640

Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\revinfo
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\zim
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\ntpd.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libnickel.so.1.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\save_config.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\generic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\generic\libkevdevtouch.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\generic\libkeys.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\librmsdk.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\pickel
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\liblz4.so.1.0.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libchess.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libnickel.so.1
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libcb.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libsolitaire.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libiwnn.so.1.0.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\crypto
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\platforms
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\platforms\libkobo.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libnickel.so.1.0.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libQtSolutions_IOCompressor-2.3.so.1
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\configure_wpa_enterprise.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\stockfish
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hindenburg
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\librmsdk.so.1
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libQtSolutions_IOCompressor-2.3.so.1.0.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\puz
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libcrossword.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\demoloopfnac.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\configure_wpa_open_network.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\udev
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\udev\sd
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\udev\ac
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\udev\plug
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\udev\usb
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libiwnn.so.1
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\librmsdk.so.1.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\fickel
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libscribble.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\nickel
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\demoloop.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\liblzma.so.5.0.4
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\librmsdk.so.1.0.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\adobehost-launcher.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\remove_network.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\configure_wpa_network.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\fb2.xsl.gz
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\configure_wep.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\liblz4.so.1
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\liblzma.so.5
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libwikipedia.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\unrar
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libadobe.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libiwnn.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libpdb.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\add_network.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\librushhour.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libQtSolutions_IOCompressor-2.3.so.1.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_it.dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_en.dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_es.dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_fr.dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_pt.dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_nl.dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\hyphenDicts\hyph_de.dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\liblz4.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\conf
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\conf\JA.conf
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\liblz4.so.1.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\configure_wps_network.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\demoloopja.sh
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\adobehost
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\plugins
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\plugins\libaccessplugin.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libiwnn.so.1.0
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libnickel.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libsudoku.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libQtSolutions_IOCompressor-2.3.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\libboggle.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\liblzma.so
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\njcon.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32\njexyomi_re.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32\njexyomi.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32\njexyomi_new.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32\njubase1.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32\njtan.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32\njubase2.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\dic\JA\32\njfzk.a
Extracting  .\usr\local\Kobo\current_network.sh

Everything is Ok

Folders: 11
Files: 83
Size:       38247480

No files to process

No files to process

Extracting  .\usr\bin\patch

Everything is Ok

Size:       17
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Kobo Firmware and Patches\Patch 330\AuraHD\patch
_kobo_330\3.3.0_source
_kobo_330\3.3.0_target konnte nicht gefunden werden
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
//////////////////////////////////////////////
//                    Patching start
//////////////////////////////////////////////
_kobo_330\tools\pa32lsb.exe: 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Kobo Firmware and
Patches\Patch 330\AuraHD\patch_kobo_330\3.3.0_source\Kobo': failed to open input
 file.
ERROR processing Owner\Documents\Kobo
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
The stuff in German near the end means "3.3.0_target couldn't be found.
The system cannot find the file requested.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 04-30-2014 at 04:25 AM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 05:17 AM   #63
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Unfortunately, something isn't working properly when I try running the patcher for my Aura HD on Windows 7. I don't get a tgz file but a folder full of lots of small files.

Here's the report:

Code:
unpack ... C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Kobo Firmware and Patches\Patch 330\A
uraHD\patch_kobo_330
I don't know how to fix it sorry, but the problem seems to be that the batch program cannot handle spaces in the pathname.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 AM   #64
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
The stuff in German near the end means "3.3.0_target couldn't be found.
The system cannot find the file requested.
[/SPOILER]
As GeoffR said, the problem seems to be related to the spaces in the path. I will try to fix this. Since I am reworking the whole batch file, this might need some time. In between please try a an other path and see how this works.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:25 AM   #65
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I see. No need for you to fix anything then. I think I'll manage to remove those spaces.

Thanks again for all your great work!!!
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 05:40 AM   #66
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Code:
/tmp/patch_kobo_330/tools/patch32lsb.c:166:16: warning: implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int' [-Wshorten-64-to-32]
      return q - line;
      ~~~~~~ ~~^~~~~~
/tmp/patch_kobo_330/tools/patch32lsb.c:200:19: warning: implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'long' to 'int' [-Wshorten-64-to-32]
  return q - line - 1;
  ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~^~~
2 warnings generated.
Thanks! Those two warnings are harmless, but I'll update the source to make the conversions explicit.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:44 AM   #67
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, I see. No need for you to fix anything then. I think I'll manage to remove those spaces.

Thanks again for all your great work!!!
I have fixed this error, but it I will post a generally improved one maybe today.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3.3.0_unpack.bat.zip (1.1 KB, 240 views)
Old 04-30-2014, 05:45 AM   #68
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

All right, everything worked perfectly fine now. No error messages, a nice KoboRoot.tgz in the 3.3.0_target folder - just one question before I use it: It's only 126 Bytes - is that a feasible size, or has something gone wrong after all?

EDIT: Wow, quick work, tshering!!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 AM   #69
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
All right, everything worked perfectly fine now. No error messages, a nice KoboRoot.tgz in the 3.3.0_target folder - just one question before I use it: It's only 126 Bytes - is that a feasible size, or has something gone wrong after all?

EDIT: Wow, quick work, tshering!!
Did you do it with the new batch file? I tested it with something similar to your original path (C:\test\Owner\Documents\Kobo Firmware and Patches\Patch 330\AuraHD\patch_kobo_330modified\) and get a file with 8.903.317 Bytes. I think your archive doesn't contain any files (only empty folders). Do you have the two .patch files in place. They could have been deleted when cleaning up the mess produced by unpacking the whole archive in an earlier attempt.

Last edited by tshering; 04-30-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:56 AM   #70
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

No, I did it with the old batch file. I'll try the new one asap.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 AM   #71
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Did you do it with the new batch file? I tested it with something similar to your original path (C:\test\Owner\Documents\Kobo Firmware and Patches\Patch 330\AuraHD\patch_kobo_330modified\) and get a file with 8.903.317 Bytes. I think your file doesn't contain any files (only empty folders).
I tried it on Windows XP and got a 126 byte KoboRoot.tgz too.

I think this line is failing when there are spaces in the path:
Code:
 "%the7zipexe%" e -y *.zip KoboRoot.tgz
Old 04-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #72
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Did it with the new one and no spaces in the path, and that has given me a KoboRoot.tgz with 8.903.290 Bytes now. So I'll put that on my reader now and see what happens...
Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #73
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I tried it on Windows XP and got a 126 byte KoboRoot.tgz too.

I think this line is failing when there are spaces in the path:
Code:
 "%the7zipexe%" e -y *.zip KoboRoot.tgz
Unfortunately, I don't have access to XP during daytime. At that moment ("%the7zipexe%" e -y *.zip KoboRoot.tgz) the current directory should already be ...\3.3.0_source. So i wonder why the spaces could make troubles at that point.

Last edited by tshering; 04-30-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #74
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Everything working perfect on my reader. I don't know what I would do without your wonderful patches!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:31 AM   #75
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have access to XP during daytime. At that moment ("%the7zipexe%" e -y *.zip KoboRoot.tgz) the current directory should already be ...\3.3.0_source. So i wonder why the spaces could make troubles at that point.
Sorry, I must have been using the old batch file too :-( I started again from scratch and it worked correctly.