Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #31
feelfree
feelfree began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Is there any way to influence the order of the customCommands? They seem to be ordered alphabetically :-(

And is there any way to get rid of the 3 pre-defined custom-commands (Browser, Chess, Tweaks Settings) ? If I want them, I can include them myself.

Beside of that: Great Tweak!
feelfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #32
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
It seems that 3 items are forced : Browser, Chess and Tweak Settings.
For your personnal commands, you can prefix them by a number.
I did it, it works well : (names of commands are in French ... me too
[CustomCommands]
1-Veille=tweaks.sleep()
2-Eteindre=tweaks.powerOff()
3-Redémarrer=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/bin/busybox reboot\")
4-Récompenses=tweaks.readingLife()
5-WiFi=tweaks.connectWifi()
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #33
Fortron
Fortron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I like the game Sudoku but the numbers one selects in the bottom are not visible,
its just a row of black squares.

Any solution for this or is it by design??

Last edited by Fortron; 02-22-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Fortron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #34
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
About sudoku, I think it is a firmware 2.4.0 bug
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #35
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
About sudoku, I think it is a firmware 2.4.0 bug
Yes, it's a firmware 2.4.0 bug. But you can still play the game, though it's a bit tedious...
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #36
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortron View Post
Thank you it works now, just needed to reboot the device.
for the record,
Quote:
Launcher=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh")
works too.

EDIT: I take it back, it does not!

ah-, many thanks, this is great!

Last edited by paola; 02-22-2013 at 03:34 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #37
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
At the moment these are available:
tweaks.library()
tweaks.tweaksSettings()
tweaks.openBrowser()
tweaks.connectWifi()
tweaks.toggleAirplaneMode()
tweaks.uninstallPlugin()
tweaks.sync(true)
tweaks.sleep()
tweaks.powerOff()
tweaks.shelves()
tweaks.readingLife()
tweaks.sudoku()
tweaks.chess()
tweaks.scribble()
tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"some shell command \")

And yes I think that at the moment you have to reboot to see any changes when you edit the config file.
of these, based on my Mini on 2.4.0 some seem not to work. More precisely:
-tweaks.connectWifi() freezes the device - must wait a few minutes for a power button reboot to work;
- tweaks.library() and tweaks.powerOff() do not work, in the sense that nothing happens (but don't freeze the device);
- tweaks.openBrowser() works only in the sense that it launches the wifi, but does not open the browser.

Of the other tweaks I have tried, tweaks.sleep(), tweaks.scribble() and reboot and sergeiy's launcher work all fine.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:24 AM   #38
PeterMiller
PeterMiller began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks for this awesome plugin.
One question: how are the tweak settings to get rid of the start screen and replace it with my book library instead?

Thanks in advance!
PeterMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #39
Loceka
Loceka began at the beginning.

Thanks a lot for that plugin, it works quite well!

I also wondered if there was a way to directly access the dictionaries (it would actually be great to use the kobo dictionaries without having to go through a painful workflow) ?
Loceka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #40
textchimp
textchimp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.textchimp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.textchimp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi, Thanks for the tweak! I just wanted to report that the tweaks.shelves() function, when accessed from the tools menu, is causing a freeze for me (Kobo Glo, 2.4 firmware). Other functions, like the executeSystemCmd(\"busbox reboot\") works for me.

I'm also getting a ghost of the 'Reading Life' menu popping up when I first tap the 'Tools' item, replace after a second by the correct Tools menu.

Last edited by textchimp; 03-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.
textchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #41
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I installed the tweaks plugin as indicated, everything allright.
Only the Tweaks home menu simply doesn't appear. It's only the headline that shows (Change the contents of the tool menu).
Already removed the plugin and loaded it again, nothing changed.
Would be grateful for any suggestions!

(FW version is 2.4.0)

Last edited by Leonatus; 03-12-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #42
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
As Ah- mentioned in the first post, "the menu customization is yet to come", so it's not implemented yet, but you can add new menu entries by editing the ini file.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #43
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question Kobo Tweaks 2.4.0 FW

Thanks for the quick answer!
Hm, that is what I suspected. I have to admit that I never edited any file in my life (grew up still with blackboard), so I don't even know how to find or yet get into this .ini file. would it be very unkind to ask for a step-by-step intoduction for dummies as I am?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #44
Leonatus
Wizard

Succeeded to find the kobotweaks.ini with Notepad++.
The entry is only this:
[Tweaks]
hideShop=true
hideWishlist=true

What could I do now?

Thanks for your assistance!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #45
Leonatus
Wizard

I would like to enjoy of the wonderful features of the home screen settings, and tried to insert into the .ini file those entries:

tweaks.library()

tweaks.tweaksSettings()

tweaks.openBrowser()

tweaks.connectWifi()

tweaks.toggleAirplaneMode()

tweaks.uninstallPlugin()

tweaks.sync(true)

tweaks.sleep()

tweaks.powerOff()

tweaks.shelves()

tweaks.readingLife()

tweaks.sudoku()

tweaks.chess()

tweaks.scribble()

tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"some shell command \")

I took it from the German forum. But when I reopen the .ini file after having rebooted the reader, there appears only this:

[CustomCommands]
Neustart=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"busybox reboot\")

[Global]
compatFirmware=0.0.0
dumpLayout=false
scriptSocket=true

[Reader]
showProgress=true
tweakFooter=true

[Tweaks]
hideKoboShop=true
hideShop=true
hideWishList=true
hideWishlist=true