Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
TheStoepsel
TheStoepsel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheStoepsel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheStoepsel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheStoepsel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheStoepsel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Kindle Chapter Marks missing!

Hey everyone!

I have a question concerning the kindle chapter marks. When I create a mobi from an epub using calibre and then upload it to my kindle it always shows those nice little chapter marks in the progress bar on the bottom of the screen.

However, when I create a mobi on my own using mobipocket creator these marks are missing! The table of content works fine, but the chapter marks will not show.

Any ideas why and how I can fix this???

Best regards,
Chris
TheStoepsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
In order to get the joystick navigation (chapter tick marks) to work, the source that MobiPocket Creator uses to build the prc/mobi needs to contain an NCX file. Unfortunately, MPC doesn't create an NCX file automatically. You'll have to edit the OPF manually and create the NCX file manually (before you build) if you want to see "chapter marks" in an MPC built prc/mobi on the Kindle.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert