Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Lightbulb Go + Reversi + Amazons (?)

Yoohoo, here's another set to make our lives [with DR] more pleasant!

Unpack to sdcard, disconnect and launch <sdcard>/Programs/Games/quarry.desktop. New game -> Go (if playing against the Computer then take GnuGo) or Reversi (to fight DR select GRhino). There's Amazons game for two people but I have no idea how to play. I'd really appreciate if smbd posts a link to the rules.

The games work fine, tested on my DR800. I recommend to play in the landscape mode.

Version history:
v0.1 - initial release of Quarry UI + GnuGo + GRhino (reversi)

Issues/improvements for the next build:
- add a tab support for DR1000 and DR800+ users;
- if the next step calculations seem to stuck just click anywhere on empty space. This is probably because DR800 forces throttling the processor after 5 seconds. Background job should be added.
- add light indicator activity during the next step calculations.

Developer steps taken:
Spoiler:

* get librsvg 2.26.3, compile to target with "--disable-mozilla-plugin --without-svgz --without-croco --disable-gnome-vfs" . I can post the resulted librsvg files.
* get grhino 0.16.1 from sf.net . Compile to target with "--disable-gnome"
* get gnugo 3.8 . First configure and compile a host version, several helper executables are created along. Copy the built ones to smwr. Then configure for target, clean Makefiles in places where helper exes are to be compiled, restore host binaries of these helpers. Finish compilation for target.
* get quarry 0.2.0. Do the same tricks "compile for host - copy - configure for target - clean Makefiles - restore helpers - compile for target". I had to clean one source file, initially there were very nasty GTK refresh problems ... GDB on QEMU rulez.

I think I'll post the thing on Bitbucket.

P.S. A small teaser: GnuChess + Crafty are on the way
Attached Files
File Type: zip quarry-v0.1.zip (2.55 MB, 308 views)
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
pleeease don't!!! I thought I was too old for computer games, but already your port of xmahjongg caused some serious distraction from work sometimes
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Nice work , this also runs on the DR1000 without problems.
- For tab-support I send you a mail, that might help
- For the light indicator you can use the ipc call "setBusyShow", this will also prevent the sleep mode from starting after 5 seconds.

Posting code on BitBucket would be fine, then others can learn from the changes you had to do to make the program working.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
joepsichip
joepsichip has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight & Opus White • iRex DR800SG & iLiad 2 Ed.
Thanks!
Good work!
joepsichip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
games