Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
lauralin
lauralin began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, adobe reader
In Death There Is Life by Laura Lin - young adult fiction

Alex Smith had dreams of making it big in New York City with her photography but life has a way of derailing things. Unable to get a break, she takes a job in a call center while spending her free time hanging with a few close friends and enjoying the busy city. However, all of that changed in one evening.

A sympathetic stranger, aware of the girl's situation, takes it upon himself to help her thorough the transition. An unexpected friendship is formed but as she was quickly learning, nothing lasts forever. Thus Alex learned her first lesson, being immortal meant a long life of heartache.

Alone and scared, she had no choice but to unite with the monster who had destroyed her life. She would learn a lot from Ash but she would learn a lot about herself as well. Unfortunately, even vampires can run into trouble with the law...

In Death There Is Life
by Laura Lin

Alex Smith was a carefree young woman enjoying a life in New York City when her life turned upside down after a vampire attack. Forced to forget everything she once knew and believed, the young woman embarks on a journey that leaves friends dead and criminals in jail. Refusing to turn a blind eye to the evil that lurks within the city, Alex becomes a new kind of hero.

In Death There Is Life by Laura Lin
available at Barnes & Noble, iBookstore, and Lulu
in both eBook, paperback, and hardback copies

author page is located at:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/lauralin74
lauralin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
lauralin

The other day I went into the library and on the top of a low book shelf they often display books to highlight interest. To my pleasant surprise there was my book, labled and numbered and all. It was so cool. It's the little things like that that remind me of why I wanted to publish a book in the first place. I know it will never be a big seller but there is just something about seeing a work you created in an actual book form, with a picture I took on the cover. It is thrilling.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
lauralin

My first book reading and signing is coming up and I am more then a little nervous. Being a rather modest writer I'm not one to talk much about my work but I really do enjoy this story and those that have read it do too. Hopefully there will be a nice little turn out as nothing is more disheartening then nobody showing an interest.

When I first set out to publish this book it was merely to see if I could sell just one. I am pleased to see that I have passed that goal. However, as much as I love the control I have going the self-publishing route, I think I shall do some research into agents for the sequal as I am simply not out going enough to self promote. Word of mouth is a tricky thing to rely upon as most forget anything that is not directly related to their world, myself included.

I do plan to visit our area book fair this fall and if all goes well, I shall sign aboard to take part in the festivities the following year which I am very excited about.

The ebook version of In Death There is Life by Laura Lin is available at Lulu.com, Ibookstore, and Nook for prices ranging from $1.99 - 2.50

Please, take a look. If it's not something you would enjoy reading perhaps you know someone who would. There is a sample available for veiwing so you can get an idea of the content.

Thank you so much for any help, for providing space for this shamless promotion, and for supporting a dream.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/lauralin74

Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
lauralin

http://theprincesston.wordpress.com/

The Princesston posted a small write up and picture for their blog after attending the "meet the author" event at the local library. I was surprised also by the attendance of a local newspaper reporter who will be doing a write up about myself and the book as well so the night was a success in aiding me to spread the word about In Death There is Life

Tags
fiction, laura lin, vampires, young adult