Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #226
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfaust View Post
skin digital is out of stock...great just when i finally have the cash to buy one
(January is the month from hell i say)

any suggestions for local sellers? Canada
They have the top flip ones in stock. I got one yesterday.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #227
hawk20011
Sir Readsalot
hawk20011 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
The TuffLuv case for the sony 650 works well and is very cushioned. If I dropped the kobo with the tuffluv case I wouldn't worry much at all.
I attached pictures of it in another post on this thread.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Leath...7499788&sr=8-1
hawk20011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #228
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
thanks for the suggestions, i really want the book style tho , so i might just wait heh
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #229
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

I got myself that one:
http://www.amazon.com/Cover-Up-eRead...7930764&sr=8-6

fits very nicely. All buttons, connectors and slots are accessible.
It has a hard front lid to protect the display and the KT is secured against sliding out the top by a slide in latch.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #230
jess1ca
jess1ca began at the beginning.

I went to Chapters Indigo this morning and checked out their KT cases. My favorite would have to be this one with the elastic band closure and looks like a Moleskine notebook. The case is perfect - it's really nice and doesn't feel "cheap" like the other ones. I also like that it doesn't hold the KT with elastics.

A few of the other KT cases they have are smaller in size than this case, but they hold the KT with elastics and I didn't like the leather-like feel of them. They also have a few that are like the above case but are more expensive, don't have the elastic band closure and have fancy covers like a zebra print or a typewriter print.

I had a look as well at the sleeves - nothing too special about them and I was more interested at the cases. If there's a Chapters Indigo near you, go check them out. It's super helpful to feel the cases and see which one appeals to you the most!
jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #231
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1ca View Post
I went to Chapters Indigo this morning and checked out their KT cases. My favorite would have to be this one with the elastic band closure and looks like a Moleskine notebook. The case is perfect - it's really nice and doesn't feel "cheap" like the other ones. I also like that it doesn't hold the KT with elastics.

A few of the other KT cases they have are smaller in size than this case, but they hold the KT with elastics and I didn't like the leather-like feel of them. They also have a few that are like the above case but are more expensive, don't have the elastic band closure and have fancy covers like a zebra print or a typewriter print.

I had a look as well at the sleeves - nothing too special about them and I was more interested at the cases. If there's a Chapters Indigo near you, go check them out. It's super helpful to feel the cases and see which one appeals to you the most!
Do you think this case would protect it in the instance of a drop?
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #232
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbakbwr View Post
Do you think this case would protect it in the instance of a drop?
ok I went nuts and just went and bought it for $20 at Chapters. Good and sturdy. Now I don't know how everyone is saying you need to take it out to charge it. There is a hole in the bottom and the USB fits in nicely.

Maybe the earlier ones did not have a hole?
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #233
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbakbwr View Post
ok I went nuts and just went and bought it for $20 at Chapters. Good and sturdy. Now I don't know how everyone is saying you need to take it out to charge it. There is a hole in the bottom and the USB fits in nicely.

Maybe the earlier ones did not have a hole?
My USB access hole is not big enough. I actually went into the store and compared several different covers, and it appears that there are varying sizes (quality control = not good).

I believe this cover is sturdy and would stand up to a drop, but I'm not going to test it.

I really do like this cover a lot except for my one gripe about the size of those access holes (specifically, the small size of the top access hole makes it difficult to use the power slider). However, that one problem has meant that I've subsequently moved on to a new cover, letting this one gather dust on my bookshelf.

I've gone for a more expensive cover (M-Edge) that still feels good, can be folded back to hold comfortably, but uses four corner elastics to hold the reader in place.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #234
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
I'm thinking of getting one of these.

I like the elastic closure and the way it holds the KT. It also has a very rigid front flap. More importantly, it's one of the few covers I saw at Chapters that will fit into my zippered case (which is actually for the Wi Fi).

But the materials used look really cheap (especially the bit that holds the reader) and they want $35 for it. It also doesn't seem to be available in black. . .

Hi, my name is Rob and I do suffer from Analysis Paralysis.
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #235
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF&F Reader View Post

I like the elastic closure and the way it holds the KT. It also has a very rigid front flap. More importantly, it's one of the few covers I saw at Chapters that will fit into my zippered case (which is actually for the Wi Fi).

But the materials used look really cheap (especially the bit that holds the reader) and they want $35 for it. It also doesn't seem to be available in black. . .

Hi, my name is Rob and I do suffer from Analysis Paralysis.
That one is nearly identical to the Skin Digital, except the SD is real leather, and has a "magnetic snap on a strap" closure mechanism instead of the elastic strap, ans *is* available in black.

The SD is very high quality, and many people have been leery of the closing mechanism, but trust me, it's *great* - you fold the cover entirely back on itself, and fold the strap back on itself, and the magnetic clasp snaps in place and keeps the cover nicely open, creating a perfect "handle" to hold onto when you read one handed.

Plus the SD is less than 1/2 the price, with free shipping included. I very highly recommend it (we have 2 of them in our house), and no, I do not work for them.

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html

Currently out of stock in black, but they come and go - they were out for 2 weeks after Christmas, had them about 10 days ago, and are out again - just check the page again later this week or next week...

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Last edited by therealjoeblow; 01-31-2012 at 07:10 PM.
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #236
jess1ca
jess1ca began at the beginning.

Here are a few pictures of the case. As a previous person mentioned, the home button has a lot of space and the picture on the Chapters website isn't that reliable. The KT fits really snug so it's not going anywhere. As for surviving a drop, it's hard to say but if I find out, I'll be sure to post the results. It's the perfect size for me and I thought it was larger until I saw it in person, so I took a picture of it with a pen for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
My USB access hole is not big enough. I actually went into the store and compared several different covers, and it appears that there are varying sizes (quality control = not good).

I believe this cover is sturdy and would stand up to a drop, but I'm not going to test it.

I really do like this cover a lot except for my one gripe about the size of those access holes (specifically, the small size of the top access hole makes it difficult to use the power slider). However, that one problem has meant that I've subsequently moved on to a new cover, letting this one gather dust on my bookshelf.
Dang, that's a bummer about the USB and the top access. Both of mine are the right size and I have no problems with them.

Quote:

I saw this one at the store in blue and it does look really nice but I agree with you about the material looking cheap and it is rather expensive.
jess1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #237
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Yeah, if it wasn't for the SD and other similar covers I'd have already bought one of the coated canvas agendas. . .

Three things:

1. I like the elastic closure over the snap. No real reason, just do. Not a big deal.
2. The kobo slides into the cover from the side and is held in by a fold of material that goes over the side and behind the reader rather than from the top held in by friction. Probably not a big deal.
3. I was able to physically examine the cover. Kind of a big deal.

How solid is the front flap of the SD?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #238
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Yeah, if it wasn't for the SD and other similar covers I'd have already bought one of the coated canvas agendas. . .

Three things:

1. I like the elastic closure over the snap. No real reason, just do. Not a big deal.
2. The kobo slides into the cover from the side and is held in by a fold of material that goes over the side and behind the reader rather than from the top held in by friction. Probably not a big deal.
3. I was able to physically examine the cover. Kind of a big deal.

How solid is the front flap of the SD?
Do you mean the front cover? It's solid/rigid, it feels like a piece of fairly rigid plastic, covered with leather.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #239
SF&F Reader
Groupie

Yes. Thanks, that. . . helps.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #240
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
Anyone has any idea of an European shop, who ships to Romania. I tried buying a case from geckocovers but just when I placed the order they ran out of stock. The same with skindigital. I would like one of those that cover the whole device, not with elastic bands around the corners.
Thanks
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel