Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
How can I have the device initialized without wifi?

At long last my new purchased PE arrived today.When I powered up the device,the tablet began an intialization wizard.The first step is "select wifi". But I don't have wifi in my place,so I'm stuck there.Is there any way I can skip the wizard and do some manually setting so I can use it as a reader? And one more question,how long should I charge the device for the first time?
BTW,thank you emusan for letting me know this place.Thank you sarah11918 for your welcome at entourage's forum.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Here is the procedure to break out of Setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbZP8ckmKI

As far as charging the PE, it can be done while you are exploring everything it can do. Usually takes 3 hours or less to fully charge.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Thank you obsessed2.You are such a great help!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
javese
Zealot

obsessed2 helped me out.And as youtube is blocked in some countries,I'd like to briefly describe the procedure here:touch the left top,left bottom,right bottom,right top of the screen area below status bar in turn will break the setup wizard.
After that I did a successful offline update using the zip file downloaded from
http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks, javese!

Hoping I won't need that info -- but I might, so good to have.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert