Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Erotica Author creates an erotica eBookstore for banned erotica ebooks

Found this thread on the Kboards Writers Cafe: Selena Kitt Launches Erotica Ebookstore

Thought it was interesting so I'm sharing. Here's a direct link to her blog post.

http://selenakitt.com/blog/index.php...e-distributor/

The website ( http://www.excitica.com/) is still in beta. It's down right now.

I applaud the entrepreneur spirit of this endeavor. There is a niche for it after the mainstream ebook stores (Kindle, Nook, Kobo, ibookstore, Google Play) banned certain type of erotica ebooks. Will it be successful? Time will tell.

Last edited by Top100EbooksRank; 03-19-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Red Sage has been around since 2001...

Ellora's Cave has been around since 2002...
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #3
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I like the idea of supporting corporate-banned books (as well as banned books in the legal sense -- here's to Barney Rosset), but Excitica is a wince-making name for that sort of bookstore and the tone is depressingly ebullient. There has to be a better venue for intelligently explicit fiction.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
^IA. I was curious why some erotica would be banned from e-bookstore-I mean erotica is always on display at my local library and I know bookstores sell them too-but the stuff she is allowing to be sold in her store is perverse. As a librarian, I usually err on the side of not censoring books but I can understand why mainstream booksellers would not want to sell erotic books about rape, incest, pseudo-incest and bestiality.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Xanthe, you are so well informed!!

Sure, I think there is room for a bookstore that specializes in erotica. I know Ellora's Cave is a publisher and someone who is choosing to self publish may not want to go that way. In addition, maybe they don't want hubby to know that their romance is something more involved than a Harlequin. Having your account on a site separate from Amazon or B&N is a boon there.

Last edited by Tarana; 03-19-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert