Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Mollyinbc@live.c
Mollyinbc@live.c began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Book Sharing..

I have a new Sony ereader with the wifi and mp3 format.

I have a freind with a kobo who has a lot of books on kobe format...can she in some way share them with me?

Last edited by Mollyinbc@live.c; 12-04-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Mollyinbc@live.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
You can download them in Adobe DRM.

Last edited by The Terminator; 12-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I'm guessing that you mean Kobo? If so, you can download the books that she has bought on her account in Adobe DRM Epub.

Download the books from her account into ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) and load onto your Sony.
This does of course require that both devices are registered to the same ADE account.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Given how inexpensive e-readers are becoming -- including refurbished Kobos for well under $100 -- the easiest way to share books with a friend is simply get a second Kobo. E-books are generally cheaper than printed books, so they pay for the e-readers themselves over time.

Typically, you can link 5 or 6 physical readers to any account so you can easily share within most families and/or a close friend or two.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Mollyinbc@live.c

Yes that is a good idea to buy a Kobo as she has lots of books.

How much time would it take to do it through the Adobe method per book?

And yes I did mean Kobo Thanks I edited it in my post.
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I don't have a Kobo , but generally a few seconds per book.

And of course then you could buy a book or two and she could also read those.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
Mollyinbc@live.c

Yes for sure I would repay the favor by giving her access to my books.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyinbc@live.c View Post
Yes for sure I would repay the favor by giving her access to my books.
Yes, just like we can do with our purchased physical books which are our own property too ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote