Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
chrisb
chrisb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-500
iliad and IDS

hey -

i must be an idiot, but i'm having trouble connecting to IDS right now..
help?

issue: when i press and hold for 2 seconds the online @ button it goes to the screen where you choose IDS or Computer, however it has 'computer' selected and it will not allow me to select IDS - i press it with the stylus but it seems it is already processing a connection the computer - then immediately connects via wifi to the computer and finds nothing, then exits.
repeat. frustration.

it was functioning properly before, and i downloaded the patch and flashed and all was good.

any thoughts?

cb
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:42 AM   #2
mocelet
Connoisseur
mocelet began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Palm Vx / Nokia E65
It is a bit tricky getting that setting changed. My usual trick is to press and hold the Connect button, get the stylus out, and then when the screen with iDS and Computer comes on, frantically click the desired option until it goes on to the next screen. The screen is up for a few seconds, so you can get 10-20 clicks in before it goes away.

That tends to work for me.
mocelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 05:36 AM   #3
Boris
Enthusiast
Boris began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC, a broken Iliad V2
Have you checked the update hasn't altered your settings? I don't have the Iliad to hand so it's going to be a bit vague. Go to settings, on one of the pages you can pick wether to connect to IDS or Computer

Edit: Now I've got the Iliad back it's only the Background connect you can alter with the settings by the looks of it. You could always use that to check for updates then turn it back off until you manage to get the IDS working properly?

Last edited by Boris; 11-06-2007 at 05:44 AM.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
chrisb
chrisb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-500
email from irex support

well, it seems it was a problem with the update -

"thank you for your email. This is a problem of the 2.11 version which we trying to solve. If you click on the connect button you have to choose very fast the IDS button.
There is a very short time line to type in what you need(~1sec). In this time you have to choose the IDS button.

Could you please try to set it again. If the problem is not solved don´t hesitate to contact us again."

i havent tried again, but i guess i'll furiously try to keep clicking it. ah well.

cb
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote