Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #23071
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lucas is having a nice bottle, Mommy has nothing. She'll fix that later
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #23072
ladyashk
Enthusiast
ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600 (2009, Nook Simple Touch (2012), KPW2 (2013), KPW4 (2021)
Tap water in a bottle
ladyashk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #23073
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Some water that used to have ice in it.

All gone now. I'll get a refill.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #23074
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyashk View Post
Tap water in a bottle
Welcome back to MobileRead! It's nice to have another water drinker in this thread of tea snobs*.

Although after January 31st I may well have the occasional(!) Coke Zero.

*This is, of course, used affectionately. There's nothing wrong with liking tea and chatting about the best blends and exactly how hot the water should be.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #23075
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Chai tonight, to go along with Tandoori chicken, keema curry, and basmati rice.

(It's not so much that we are snobs... It's that anything that springs from the Buddha's tears just has to be better than anything else, right?)

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-17-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #23076
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I got a refill. It's empty too. Time for lunch!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #23077
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

heheh Blue Spring Oolong
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #23078
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Even though I am an uncivilized, unrepentant, zealot of a coffee drinker I enjoy reading about the various types of teas, how they are prepared and enjoyed as well as the other various liquids being consumed.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #23079
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Even though I am an uncivilized, unrepentant, zealot of a coffee drinker I enjoy reading about the various types of teas, how they are prepared and enjoyed as well as the other various liquids being consumed.
I agree. What can us coffee drinkers contribute to the debate? Not much, I would suggest. Ummm...I pour the boiling water onto my coffee grounds with my right hand and then stir it...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #23080
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I agree. What can us coffee drinkers contribute to the debate? Not much, I would suggest. Ummm...I pour the boiling water onto my coffee grounds with my right hand and then stir it...
Is that Centigrade boiling or Fahrenheit? Stir clock-wise or counter-clockwise? When you stir, does the concave or convex surface of the spoon lead? Can we PLEASE get some precision going among you coffee drinkers!

I shall sit back with exactly 4fl.oz of Bombay Sapphire, over six ice cubes, each one measuring... aw, hell... I can't measure them. They keep getting smaller!

Stitchawl
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #23081
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Pot two, so cup three, of Blue Spring Oolong.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #23082
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Is that Centigrade boiling or Fahrenheit? Whatever temperature the coffee pot produces. Stir clock-wise or counter-clockwise? counter clock-wise When you stir, does the concave or convex surface of the spoon lead? concave Can we PLEASE get some precision going among you coffee drinkers! All you had to do was ask nicely.

I shall sit back with exactly 4fl.oz of Bombay Sapphire, over six ice cubes, each one measuring... aw, hell... I can't measure them. They keep getting smaller!

Stitchawl
Is this better?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #23083
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Half a dozen ice cubes in a pint glass (An Imperial pint - 20 fl.oz., not one of these light-measure 16fl.oz. US pints) filled up with tap water (good hard Norfolk tap water, with a bit of bite to it — not the tasteless filtered water that some people claim to like).

Lovely.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #23084
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Half a dozen ice cubes in a pint glass (An Imperial pint - 20 fl.oz., not one of these light-measure 16fl.oz. US pints) filled up with tap water (good hard Norfolk tap water, with a bit of bite to it — not the tasteless filtered water that some people claim to like).

Lovely.
Now THAT'S the idea! Take something absolutely mundane and turn it into a work of art! Who says one can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?!?

Stitchawl
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #23085
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Is that Centigrade boiling or Fahrenheit? Stir clock-wise or counter-clockwise? When you stir, does the concave or convex surface of the spoon lead? Can we PLEASE get some precision going among you coffee drinkers!

Stitchawl

You should NOT boil water for coffee that leads to over extraction! Ideally in the ball park of 195-205 degrees F depending on the grind, the bean, the roast, and your personal tastes.

Personally I brew a medium grind, dark roast at 200 degrees F with a pulse brew system that gives a bit faster brew time, while not under extracting like most of your faster brewers do (see any thing Keurig makes as an example)

As for stirring, that only matters if you add stuff to your coffee. If you are adding steamed milk (which should be just below 160 degrees F) then you should not stir at all and let the drink be layered.

I could go on, but you tea drinkers do no understand all the complexities and refinement that a coffee drink should have and I would just be wasting coffee drinking time
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?