Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #376
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Let me check what you mean...
I'm grabbing the file. 2 mins...
Sorry, that actually was my fault, I had it gzipped and then zipped it on top of that... I'll get around to fixing it when I have time...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #377
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
They are only compressed to save bandwidth.
(compressed multiple times )
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #378
shihman
shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
(compressed multiple times )

So I just have to uncompress again. Cool! Will try that now. Uncompressed bootloader, kernel and root. Tried thrice with ATK. Still no luck. Error just right after flashing from bootloader. It keeps looking for USB connection and then will display error. I can hear the USB connection (sound) being dropped and then connected again (or the other way around).

Will now go back to Hawhill's advice:

"But if flashing doesn't work with the RAM kernel error always coming up, you should go and try to charge your Kindle. Charge it for a full day. Never mind what color the LED is. Really. Charge it. "

Last edited by shihman; 11-12-2012 at 08:10 PM.
shihman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #379
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihman View Post
So I just have to uncompressed again. Cool! Will try that now.
Yeah, I should probably mention that somewhere on the wiki or something, could be causing problems for peopl...
Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #380
opusitibm
opusitibm began at the beginning.

Device: K3, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkrite View Post
Hi opusitibm,
I did the exact same think to my daughters K3 and it now says the same thing each time it tries to re-boot.
Have you managed to get it working by now and if so would you , or anybody else, please tell me how, I'm in the dog-house with my daughter over this. :-(

Hey, Sparkrite, it remains the same. I am still cant figure out where to get the K3 3.3 image. Will give it a final try once get the 3.3 image.
opusitibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #381
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by opusitibm View Post
Hey, Sparkrite, it remains the same. I am still cant figure out where to get the K3 3.3 image. Will give it a final try once get the 3.3 image.
There is no good posted 3.3 image. Use the known good 3.02 images and use an official amazon update to 3.3 later after it is working. This advice has been given many times in this forum, which is why 3.3 was removed from the pastebin.

You will have more joy if you use a version that is not broken (3.0.2)...

They are in the pastebin in the simple debricking sticky thread first post.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-13-2012 at 12:34 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #382
opusitibm
opusitibm began at the beginning.

Device: K3, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
There is not good posted 3.3 image. Use the known good 3.02 images and use an official amazon update to 3.3 later after it is working. This advice has been given many times in this forum, which is why 3.3 was removed from the pastebin.

You will have more joy if you use a version that is not broken (3.0.2)...

They are in the pastebin in the simple debricking sticky thread first post.
Thanks Geekmaster.. I had tried 3.0.2 3 times already, after complete everything, K3 reboot several times and stop at "your kindle needs repair" screen. Too sad, I think 3.0.2 not work for my K3 (maybe it came with 3.3). Any other recommendation?
opusitibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #383
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Geekmaster.. I had tried 3.0.2 3 times already, after complete everything, K3 reboot several times and stop at "your kindle needs repair" screen. Too sad, I think 3.0.2 not work for my K3 (maybe it came with 3.3). Any other recommendation?
Flashing works for converting to a previous version. It completely replaces the main root partition and kernel.

You need to use matching versions for mmcblk0p1 (rootfs) and for the kernel.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #384
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
THANKS, very helpful indeed! So, the bootloader offset is 0x0 (not 0x00000000).
There's no difference between 0x0 and 0x00000000 - I just didn't bother to type all these zeroes.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #385
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Did you also flash the matching kernel for 3.0.2?
You must flash **both** the file system image and the **matching** kernel - they work as tightly coupled pairs.
(The system image holds the installable modules for the kernel image.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #386
Maslan
Maslan began at the beginning.

Device: K3
It didn't die - it's alive

I flashed by ATK:
bootloader 3.3 (from 0x0)
kernel+jb+key 3.4 (from 0x00041000)
rootfs+jb+key 3.4 (from 003C1000)
(Nothing is so pleasing like drain battery after two hours of work. Finally I bought wall charger).
Kindle has started after I manually copied 'netusb'. The installation didn't work without it. After that I set through PUTTY 'idme' S/N, MAC, etc.
Although Kindle claimed "The device does not have WiFi" after pressing SETUP ALT+U+Q+Q until I found:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=mac+adress
I wouldn't probably think of removal of 'wifid.conf' without this howto
Thanks to 'kaneorotar' and all of you.

btw I still don't know what will do bootloader-3.3 and the rest from 3.4 after another upgrade of FW if there was any.
Maslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #387
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslan View Post
I flashed by ATK:
bootloader 3.3 (from 0x0)
kernel+jb+key 3.4 (from 0x00041000)
rootfs+jb+key 3.4 (from 003C1000)
(Nothing is so pleasing like drain battery after two hours of work. Finally I bought wall charger).
Kindle has started after I manually copied 'netusb'. The installation didn't work without it. After that I set through PUTTY 'idme' S/N, MAC, etc.
Although Kindle claimed "The device does not have WiFi" after pressing SETUP ALT+U+Q+Q until I found:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=mac+adress
I wouldn't probably think of removal of 'wifid.conf' without this howto
Thanks to 'kaneorotar' and all of you.

btw I still don't know what will do bootloader-3.3 and the rest from 3.4 after another upgrade of FW if there was any.
Thanks for the success report. I added you to "the list".
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #388
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslan View Post
Not a problem. The 'bootloader' rarely changes (until 5.3.0).

The chance of there being a 3.4++ firmware is between slim and none.

(Any e-ink display Kindle with audio competes with the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD.)
Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #389
shihman
shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3
Wow, no success still.

Workflow:

Plugged in Kindle 3 for about 24 hours.

-Started ATK. It would not recognize USB device.
-Uninstalled and reinstalled ATK. Still nothing.
-Rebooted XP. Plugged in K3. XP installed driver for MX35.
-Started ATK. Reached until step to flash bootloader.
- Still this massage:

Connection error. Please reset the board and make sure the board in bootstrap mode.

Tried flashing kernel. This message:

Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target

Stuck. Will charge K3 again for another 24. Will try again thereafter.

Can anybody point me to a tutorial for mac. No background in Linux or programming.

Last edited by shihman; 11-13-2012 at 06:29 PM.
shihman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #390
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- Still this massage:

Connection error. Please reset the board and make sure the board in bootstrap mode.
What part of that message is unclear?
Put the K3 into the downloader (I.E: bootstrap) mode.

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3