Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
True there may be exceptions

THIS ENTIRE PAGE IS ABOUT GETTING X-COMILERS TO WORK (OR NOT) GO TO PAGE 3 FOR MORE AUDIO TIPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Ahh.. so they ACCIDENTALLY begain obfuscating the JVM code starting with 5.1.x? Or are you implying that they made an incompetent decision to do that?
I think he's referring to the bulk rather than the specific.

Last edited by twobob; 07-10-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: ADDED TOPPOST
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is a project here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174066
that stalled over problems with the Kindle alsa implementation.
Most of my problems appear to revolve around failed support for the multilib implementation on my OS.

Sigh. May just build a 32 build OS and get on with the job.
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Most of my problems appear to revolve around failed support for the multilib implementation on my OS.

Sigh. May just build a 32 build OS and get on with the job.
Similar situation here with cross-building anything 32-bit from 64-bit systems.
Finally gave up and added a 32-bit system to the clutter of installed "stuff".
Nice that Linux makes "multi-boot" so easy. There should be a 32-bit Slackware out there.

Things were getting confusing here, so I finally added in different "default" window managers to the different systems so I would be reminded of what I was using at any moment.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
twobob

still not having fun :)

EDIT: THIS SECTION IS ABOUT GETTING KDEVELOP CROSS COMPILING
WHICH NEVER WORKED: I GOT NEW TOOLS FROM THE KEK PROJECT
FEEL FREE TO SKIP OVER THESE POSTS TO THE SOUND INFO

I really am at a loss how in to include my cross-compiled alsa-libs to the CodeSourcery Gcc.

Spoiler:

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc salsa.c -o arm-alsa -B/home/simon/CodeSourcery
/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/alsa -L/home/simon/CodeSourcery \
/Sourcery_Codebence_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/alsa -B/home/simon/CodeSourcery \
/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib -B/home/simon/CodeSourcery \
/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux -lasound

seems to cover all eventualities for actually finding the libs. perhaps I need to run libran or something? Meh. Any clues to this noob would be great. Of course this could all simply be to do with the fact that the vast majority of stuff just does not want to "work" out of the box on my current OS config. Sigh

Anyways if someone could just confirm that I am indeed referencing the -lasound and it's location(s), correctly that would be great. Googling didn't help as I seem to get conflicting answers and nothing specific to my issue. many thanks.
EDIT: I NEVER GOT THIS WORKING UNDER KDEVELOP.
I GOT NEW TOOLS FROM THE KEK PROJECT

RESULT:

Spoiler:

Code:
bash-4.1$ arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc alsawave.c -o arm-alsa -B/home/simon\
/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/alsa -L/home/simon\
/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_Codebence_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/alsa -B/home/simon\
/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib -B/home/simon/CodeSourcery\
/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux -lasound                
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dmix.o): In function `snd_pcm_dmix_sync_ptr':
pcm_dmix.c:(.text+0x245c): warning: Warning: snd_pcm_hwsync() is deprecated, consider to use snd_pcm_avail()
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_ioplug.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_ioplug.c:(.text+0x258): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dmix.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_dmix.c:(.text+0x2e4): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(dlmisc.o): In function `snd_dlopen':
dlmisc.c:(.text+0x124): undefined reference to `dlopen'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(dlmisc.o): In function `snd_dlclose':
dlmisc.c:(.text+0x168): undefined reference to `dlclose'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(dlmisc.o): In function `snd_dlsym_verify':
dlmisc.c:(.text+0x244): undefined reference to `dlsym'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(dlmisc.o): In function `snd_dlsym':
dlmisc.c:(.text+0x37c): undefined reference to `dlsym'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_meter.o): In function `snd_pcm_meter_update_main':
pcm_meter.c:(.text+0x3b8): undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_trylock'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_meter.o): In function `snd_pcm_meter_hw_params':
pcm_meter.c:(.text+0x1560): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_meter.o): In function `snd_pcm_meter_hw_free':
pcm_meter.c:(.text+0x162c): undefined reference to `pthread_join'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_meter.o): In function `snd_pcm_meter_add_scope_conf':
pcm_meter.c:(.text+0x1d58): undefined reference to `dlsym'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_rate.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_rate.c:(.text+0x9c0): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dsnoop.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_dsnoop.c:(.text+0x16c): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_softvol.o): In function `softvol_load_control':
pcm_softvol.c:(.text+0x2f54): undefined reference to `pow'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_ladspa.o): In function `snd_pcm_ladspa_free_plugins':
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x5b4): undefined reference to `dlclose'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_ladspa.o): In function `snd_pcm_ladspa_get_default_cvalue':
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x1810): undefined reference to `log'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x1880): undefined reference to `log'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x18c8): undefined reference to `exp'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x1a50): undefined reference to `sqrt'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x1b3c): undefined reference to `log'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x1bac): undefined reference to `log'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x1bf4): undefined reference to `exp'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_ladspa.o): In function `snd_pcm_ladspa_check_file':
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x3d7c): undefined reference to `dlopen'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x3d9c): undefined reference to `dlsym'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x3e04): undefined reference to `dlclose'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x3ef4): undefined reference to `dlclose'
pcm_ladspa.c:(.text+0x3f54): undefined reference to `dlclose'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_hw.o): In function `snd1_pcm_hw_open_fd':
pcm_hw.c:(.text+0x335c): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_file.o): In function `snd_pcm_file_open':
pcm_file.c:(.text+0x214c): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_route.o): In function `snd_pcm_route_convert1_many':
pcm_route.c:(.text+0x3048): undefined reference to `rint'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_share.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_share.c:(.text+0x44c): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_share.o): In function `snd_pcm_share_close':
pcm_share.c:(.text+0x353c): undefined reference to `pthread_join'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_share.o): In function `snd_pcm_share_open':
pcm_share.c:(.text+0x3e84): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dshare.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_dshare.c:(.text+0x1a4): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_generic.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_generic.c:(.text+0x64): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_null.o): In function `gettimestamp':
pcm_null.c:(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Which doesn't really tell me a lot; other than guesses: incompatible library revisions? object not found? Paths incorrectly specified ? I'm at a loss. which is a shame as I am at a place where I can now deliver random bytes to the dsp via alsa on my local installation and would very much like to get it to compile to check if it works on the kindle.

It's basically just an alsa-test configured correctly for the kindle. Any takers on either a) helping me to get the file to compile. or b) compiling it for me would be great.

I don't suppose trying the -lasound option in tcc would hurt if anyone can direct me how to get the libraries from tcc/includes/sound included that would also be great

Code:
[root@kindle tcc]# tccmake -lasound -B/mnt/us/tcc -B/mnt/us/tcc/include/sound -B/mnt/us/tcc/include/ ./salsa.c doesn't appear to cut it...

In file included from ./salsa.c:19:
./include/sound/asoundlib.h:42: include file 'asoundef.h' not found
('asoundef.h' is indeed there)

apologies for the sprawling nature of the post.

Last edited by twobob; 07-10-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: legibility - code length - added spoilers to hide lengthy rubbish
Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tells what is wrong.
The compiler can't find the header files, at least in the big code post.

One or two questions:
Did you build the "missing" library yourself?
If so;
What did you use for the --prefix= path to configure? The proper path so that "make install" would install **both** the library and the header files to the Cs toolchain location?
Did you include any DESTDIR= environment variable while doing "make install"

Duh,,,
Too many ways this might have gotten to this state to give a winning answer on the first reply.
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #21
twobob

teething troubles

EDIT: THIS SECTION IS ABOUT GETTING KDEVELOP CROSS COMPILING
WHICH NEVER WORKED: I GOT NEW TOOLS FROM THE KEK PROJECT
FEEL FREE TO SKIP OVER THESE POSTS TO THE SOUND INFO

Quote:
Tells what is wrong.
The compiler can't find the header files, at least in the big code post.
Duh,,,
Too many ways this might have gotten to this state to give a winning answer on the first reply.
Indeed yes. Headers not there.

Quote:
If so;
What did you use for the --prefix= path to configure? The proper path so that "make install" would install **both** the library and the header files to the Cs toolchain location?
Yep myself. yep I gave it the fully qualified path the Toolchain via prefix like /PATH/TO/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux

Quote:
Did you include any DESTDIR= environment variable while doing "make install"
do you know I think I did not, From my reading of the documents this was interchangeable with prefix-blah

WHAT HAPPENED:

Spoiler:

I should document this more thoroughly the next time.

The intial compilation went okay after a few python snags built fine. made dep and made fine,

installed fine.

oddly on the BIG post (host) the line

Code:
/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/lib/libasound.a(pcm_dmix.o): In function `snd_pcm_dmix_sync_ptr':
pcm_dmix.c:(.text+0x245c): warning: Warning: snd_pcm_hwsync() is deprecated, consider to use snd_pcm_avail()
to me implied it had found the first file at least...

and then in the second attempt actually on the kindle device:

significantly it is complaining about a file in a subfolder of the main folder and it says it cant find file "blah" from inside the already located other file from that series?

so did it find the first file again and fail to file the others?

odd I thought, such a similar error on two completely different environments.
I feel like that should tell me something.

Thanks for some feedback. at least I could answer the questions coherently so I do I have some understanding of the process. Even if none if the answers. other questions gratefully accepted. erm. not at the harm of other projects please though.
thanks

I am certain this will be user error
Attached Files
File Type: txt output.txt (16.0 KB, 1084 views)

Last edited by twobob; 07-10-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: added output as requested. - added spoilers to hide lengthy rubbish
Old 07-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

Add the option -v to your gcc options, capture the output, check what the include and library search paths are that the compiler is trying to use.
Pick any small file (hello.c ?) otherwise you'll be overwhelmed by the output.

My thoughts here are . . .
That compiler is location independent, so it must have a sysroot= defined in its configuration and that may be messing with the "normal" (what a person expects) search order.

Last edited by knc1; 07-04-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #23
twobob

EDIT: I NEVER GOT THIS WORKING UNDER KDEVELOP.
I GOT NEW TOOLS FROM THE KEK PROJECT

Spoiler:

Quote:
Add the option -v to your gcc options, capture the output, check what the include and library search paths are that the compiler is trying to use.

My thoughts here are . . .
That compiler is location independent, so it must have a sysroot= defined in its configuration and that may be messing with the "normal" (what a person expects) search order.
Yep. It's codeSourcery. My thoughts also hence the ridiculous /B ing and /L ing
So... I guess it's back to the docs again.

Quote:
Pick any small file (hello.c ?) otherwise you'll be overwhelmed by the output.
Good advice but the program IS the HelloWorld of the Audio Realm. With a lib

Thanks knc1!

Code:
--prefix=/opt/codesourcery --with-sysroot=/opt/codesourcery/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc --with-build-sysroot=/scratch/nsidwell/arm/linux/install/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc
hmm... opt.. hmm

Last edited by twobob; 07-10-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Top posted conclusion - added excerpt -added KEK reference
Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #24
twobob

perhaps I mis-understood where to install the libs?
Sigh

I'm an audio guy. who does code. not the other way round. sadly. but I'm trying.

probably the patience of saints

Last edited by twobob; 07-04-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added why I'm so rubbsh
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
perhaps I mis-understood where to install the libs?
Sigh

I'm an audio guy. who does code. not the other way round. sadly. but I'm trying.

probably the patience of saints
Ask the administrator of your system to let you open the CS tarball in /opt.
Oh, wait, the admin is yourself.
Well, go yell at the image in the mirror.

You might not be the only one -
There have been about 80 downloads of the archives, but only 7 downloads of the "getting started" (directions) guide.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Not sure what happened after #19, but here's what it's telling you:

You're trying to link against a library that depends on other libraries. Except you're linking statically, and there's no dependency tracking for static libraries [if you forget libtool and its horrible .la files], so you *need* to have them passed to your compiler/linker *in the right order*.

Let's say hello.c depends on libasound. libasound depends on libm, libdl, libpthread. You'll need to do something like

gcc -c hello.c -o hello -lasound -lpthread -ldl -lm

(Keep the *in the right order* thing in mind, AFAIR, libdl/lm/libpthread are more or less standalone, usually, but let's say libm depends on libdl, you'd have to do -lm -ldl, not the other way around).

It's explained in more details somewhere in the GCC manual, but it can be a bit tricky. (Usually, autotools (or any other proper, real buildsystem) takes care of it, but for small Makefile only projects, you may need to get your hands dirty).

(ELF) Static linking is *FUN*

EDIT: And, yeah, of course you do need to set the proper searchpaths for headers & libs, using the proper env vars:

-I/custom/path/include in CPPFLAGS for the headers
-L/custom/path/lib in LDFLAGS for the libs

(I've never had to play with -B)

(You may need to just squish everything into CFLAGS for some broken buildsystems)

EDIT²: Granted, knowing more or less to which library the undefined symbols belong to helps a bit. If you're not sure, a man/man 3 on the symbol name usually helps .

From what I gather from your logs, you need at least libm, librt, libdl and libpthread

EDIT^3: I saw a few mentions of configure/prefix. When using autotools, the prefix you pass is more or less the destination directory (it'll in fact be used to set DESTDIR). On a native system, it's usually /usr or /usr/local or /opt. When crosscompiling, you'll probably want to set it to a staging sysroot to keep things clean. Don't forget to pass the right toolchain triplet (apparently arm-none-linux-gnueabi in your case) to --host to use the proper toolchain .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #27
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Not sure what happened after #19, but here's what it's telling you:

You're trying to link against a library that depends on other libraries. Except you're linking statically, and there's no dependency tracking for static libraries [if you forget libtool and its horrible .la files], so you *need* to have them passed to your compiler/linker *in the right order*.

Let's say hello.c depends on libasound. libasound depends on libm, libdl, libpthread. You'll need to do something like

gcc -c hello.c -o hello -lasound -lpthread -ldl -lm

(Keep the *in the right order* thing in mind, AFAIR, libdl/lm/libpthread are more or less standalone, usually, but let's say libm depends on libdl, you'd have to do -lm -ldl, not the other way around).

It's explained in more details somewhere in the GCC manual, but it can be a bit tricky. (Usually, autotools (or any other proper, real buildsystem) takes care of it, but for small Makefile only projects, you may need to get your hands dirty).

(ELF) Static linking is *FUN*

EDIT: And, yeah, of course you do need to set the proper searchpaths for headers & libs, using the proper env vars:

-I/custom/path/include in CPPFLAGS for the headers
-L/custom/path/lib in LDFLAGS for the libs

(I've never had to play with -B)

(You may need to just squish everything into CFLAGS for some broken buildsystems)

EDIT²: Granted, knowing more or less to which library the undefined symbols belong to helps a bit. If you're not sure, a man/man 3 on the symbol name usually helps .

From what I gather from your logs, you need at least libm, librt, libdl and libpthread

EDIT^3: I saw a few mentions of configure/prefix. When using autotools, the prefix you pass is more or less the destination directory (it'll in fact be used to set DESTDIR). On a native system, it's usually /usr or /usr/local or /opt. When crosscompiling, you'll probably want to set it to a staging sysroot to keep things clean. Don't forget to pass the right toolchain triplet (apparently arm-none-linux-gnueabi in your case) to --host to use the proper toolchain .
another choice is the use the start-group, end-group notation for the libraries. That way the linker will do multiple passes over the group rather than a single pass. Saves a lot of the "proper order" hassles.
The above "start-group and end-group" is probably not the proper option names, just what they do in English. You'll need to look the proper option names up.

Also, don't forget the trailing '-' on the arm-none-linux-gnueabi when setting the CROSS_COMPILE (or whatever the proper name is) variable.

Sorry for being so inexact, its been an 18 hour work day here.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, although not every package out there obey the CROSS_COMPILE env var (busybox & openssl do, among others), but when they do, and that's usually because they have a custom buildsystem, they expect the extra dash, unlike autotools --host, true .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
twobob

Thanks boys. I still can't get Kdevelop to swallow it, but I took another tack and simply downloaded the Kek provided version of Eclipse and configured it all again.

Compiles not a problem on the host. Further tests ongoing.
Yay for Kek.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #30
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanks boys. I still can't get Kdevelop to swallow it, but I took another tack and simply downloaded the Kek provided version of Eclipse and configured it all again.

Compiles not a problem on the host. Further tests ongoing.
Yay for Kek.
Thanks.
That is what my intent is - one-stop-shopping for development stuff that "just works".

Well, as close to: "just works" as one can reasonable expect in the world of complex, cross-system, program development.

The last K does mean "Kit" - I.E: user must supply the tweaks.

Tags
stupid root mistakes