Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
missjane
missjane began at the beginning.

Device: (kobo touch) (kobo glo) kobo aura 2nd ed
Unhappy communication problem

I'm a bit afraid I've 'broken' my kobo touch. I have been working with calibre to straighten up my ebooks, and last night finished detailing a bunch of gutenberg titles which I then tried to sideload onto the device. I got about half way through when things started going pear shaped, I got an error message about not being able to assign memory a few times in succession. I wondered if I had hit the memory limit, but my husband had a look and said there was plenty of room still. Today I've tried again with calibre, and also with digital editions, both recognise the device but can't communicate with it. The kobo desktop app doesn't even detect the device.

I have a feeling I am heading for a factory reset. Are there things I should try first? Here's one of today's error messages.

calibre, version 0.8.45
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 82, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 339, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 335, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 816, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 756, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 684, in reset_favouritesindex
OperationalError: unable to open database file
missjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
"Unable to open database file". Unfortunately, that sounds like database error... I don't know if there is any other cure for that other than factory reset.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
missjane
missjane began at the beginning.

Device: (kobo touch) (kobo glo) kobo aura 2nd ed
Factory reset, and after an evening faffing around, everything in the garden is lovely again.
missjane is offline   Reply With Quote