Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Voting with Wallets?
No. If the offending viewpoint isn't reflected in the work in question, to NOT buy it would be censorship. 3 3.13%
Maybe. If the offending viewpoint is reflected in the work in question, I don't have to buy and read it. 15 15.63%
Yes. Why support an author with whom I disagree? There are lots of other authors out there who need my money. 61 63.54%
None. Your poll options are too long and do not accurately reflect my opinions. Even this option is not accurate. 17 17.71%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #76
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
It is a puzzling aspect of the human condition that bad people can produce important works of art, including books.

For that reason, I can't say, categorically, that I will never buy a book written by a person I despise.

I might try to wait till he is dead to buy it, though...
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #77
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Is there a difference between boycotting Clooney movies because of his personal opinions and boycotting Clooney movies because they are dreadful?

I kid, I kid. Please don't kill me with sheep.
Now, that is a nice buried pun.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #78
Mjaydakid
Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
Great question. I try to never support anything that don't reflect my personal beliefs. But, I will support anyone who has an opinion (and a valid argument to back it up) to present it in whatever form they seem fit. Also, just because I don't agree with your opinion in one area, don't mean I can't enjoy your talents in another. For example, even though I am not a Scientologist, I like LRH SciFi books.
Mjaydakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #79
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I have only ever blackballed 1 author to the point of getting rid of everything of his I had ever purchased. His political views spewed into his writing and he laid into poeple on his forum that disagreed with him.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #80
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjaydakid View Post
Great question. I try to never support anything that don't reflect my personal beliefs. But, I will support anyone who has an opinion (and a valid argument to back it up) to present it in whatever form they seem fit. Also, just because I don't agree with your opinion in one area, don't mean I can't enjoy your talents in another. For example, even though I am not a Scientologist, I like LRH SciFi books.
LRH wrote his best SF&F before he invented Dianetics the forerunner of Scientology... pity he didn't continue with the fiction he was writing instead of the lifestyle version...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert