Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #31
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
By Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide service support to the US.
I do not have the moral right to sell you a device without servesnyh support. This is not correct.

For example, I now have problems with the quality of li-ion batrey Nokia BL5 (www.lbook.com.ua). If I sold you the device, it was not able to quickly replace the battery. This is a violation of your rights.
LVD, are there problems with the batteries of HanLin / LBook V3? Or does this mean you cannot sell to the USA?
__
iBat
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #32
dameuna
dameuna began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bag View Post
FB2 and DjVu format can support by V3 now. I just upgrade my V3 device it really nice. I leave a message at jinke forum about CHM ZIP RAR . the good news is all the those fomat vill coming soon.

http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/devres.asp
This link goes to a page that asks for a user name and password. Do we need a user name and password to download upgrades? How do we get these?
dameuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #33
try_again
try_again began at the beginning.

Device: V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dameuna View Post
This link goes to a page that asks for a user name and password. Do we need a user name and password to download upgrades? How do we get these?
The user name and password are both "user" (without the quotes)

I think this is on the page that links to the login page but would be nice if they put it there too
try_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #34
dameuna

correct firmware upgrade procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by try_again View Post
The user name and password are both "user" (without the quotes)

I think this is on the page that links to the login page but would be nice if they put it there too
Thanks,

I downloaded the latest firmware. This will be the first time I am upgrading firmware from a SD card and I want to make sure I do it right. I would appreciate it if you would tell me if the following is correct. It sounds like you were able to upgrade with no problem.

Jinke says: "Unzip the update pack, and copy unzipped files into the boot index of SD card. (a. The storage of the SD card should be less than 512MB; b. The SDcard should be FAT 16.)"

--- So it seems that I need to purchase a 256 SD card, since the V3 came with a 512MB. Correct?

--- When I purchase the card, will it be in FAT 16, or do I need to re-format it?

--- By "into the boot index", do they mean just put the bin file into the root directory (not in a sub-directory)? Can other files or directories be on the card or must it be empty?

Then they say: "Hold to press V+ button (which is on the top of the right side of the device),switch on the device"

--- By "V+ button", I assume they mean the "Volume Up button", correct?

Thanks again
Old 11-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #35
try_again

Quote:
Thanks,

I downloaded the latest firmware. This will be the first time I am upgrading firmware from a SD card and I want to make sure I do it right. I would appreciate it if you would tell me if the following is correct. It sounds like you were able to upgrade with no problem.

Jinke says: "Unzip the update pack, and copy unzipped files into the boot index of SD card. (a. The storage of the SD card should be less than 512MB; b. The SDcard should be FAT 16.)"

--- So it seems that I need to purchase a 256 SD card, since the V3 came with a 512MB. Correct?
I just used the 512MB card that came with the V3 and it was fine. I guess it is just a typo and they may probably meant less than or equal to 512MB.

Quote:
--- When I purchase the card, will it be in FAT 16, or do I need to re-format it?
I just used the 512MB card as mentioned and didn't try any formatting.

Quote:
--- By "into the boot index", do they mean just put the bin file into the root directory (not in a sub-directory)? Can other files or directories be on the card or must it be empty?
Yes, just put it in the root directory. No need to delete other files. You will lose your bookmarks however, so you might want to make a note of them.

Quote:
Then they say: "Hold to press V+ button (which is on the top of the right side of the device),switch on the device"

--- By "V+ button", I assume they mean the "Volume Up button", correct?
Correct.
Advert
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #36
dameuna

Thanks for the answers. I noticed your comment in another forum that the latest firmware doesn't remove borders on PDF files when zoomed. I think I will wait then for the next fix. I have PDF files on mine that I am reading now.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:49 AM   #37
try_again

Quote:
Thanks for the answers. I noticed your comment in another forum that the latest firmware doesn't remove borders on PDF files when zoomed. I think I will wait then for the next fix. I have PDF files on mine that I am reading now.
My experience after a few days is that sometimes the borders are removed but it seems inconsistent. For example, zooming in the first time might leave borders but trying again by hitting the zoom button 3 times more can lead to the borders being removed properly. It didn't work for every file though. As you say, unless you have a pressing need to get the new format support then it may not be worth risking poorer PDF rendering.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #38
Vaughamm
Vaughamm began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin eReader V3
Hello everybody

Just install the update of November 2nd, V3update-hanlin-1.24-20071102.rar, and I have no problem with pdf, rendering is ok, but RTF files do not appear anywhere. Does this happen to anyone else?
Vaughamm is offline   Reply With Quote