Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Calibre anomoly

Calibre has two tools to review LRF files:

ebook-viewer.exe
lrfviewer.exe

Win7 64bit will accept ebook-viewer in association with .lrf but will not accept lrfviewer.

Has anyone else run into this or happen to know why?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Calibre has two tools to review LRF files:

ebook-viewer.exe
lrfviewer.exe

Win7 64bit will accept ebook-viewer in association with .lrf but will not accept lrfviewer.
I know this doesn't help you, but I was just able to associate lrf files with the lrfviewer on a 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 computer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I thought in Windows you could only set one file extension/application combo for a Run. If you wanted to set two or more associations, you had to use Ask. I could be wrong as I never had to do this myself, it's just something I vaguely recall.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
I thought in Windows you could only set one file extension/application combo for a Run.
You can associate only one program with an extension at a time. But associating *.lrf with ebook-viewer.exe should not prevent him from later associating *.lrf files with lrfviewer.exe. Associating programs with extensions is simply a way of saying what program you want to use to automatically open a file type.

I don't know why it isn't working for him.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Likely have an existing registry entry that points to the 32 bit lrfviewer.exe. You will need to find and delete that entry and/or run a registry cleaner.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Likely have an existing registry entry that points to the 32 bit lrfviewer.exe. You will need to find and delete that entry and/or run a registry cleaner.
I couldn't find any reference to calibre 32bit. I did edit the registry and replaced ebook-viewer with lrfviewew and it works fine. I very leery of screwing with the registry.

Win7 Pro 64bit sometimes does something strange.

Many thanks.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote