Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
lordzod01
lordzod01 began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
do i don't i

alright ladies and gents thought i might pick your brain. My soon to be wife reads a lot of books so i'm contemplating getting her a 505 reader but as a avid gadgeter i'm a little concerned if the 505 is decent and if it's got the legs to stay around for a while if not what else could you suggest.
lordzod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead.

I feel that the Sony Reader has legs and will be around for a while. Also the Cybook Gen3 is a great choice. Both have the same great screen. Some like the Amazon Kindle. A lot depends on where you live and your sources for books.

So where do you live (country) and what types of books to you (or your wife) want to read?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lordzod01 and welcome to the Forum. I've got a Sony 505 and am very pleased with it. It holds 160 or so books plus another 1000 or more on the 2gig memory stick I got from Staple for $35.

Check out the 'Which One Should I Buy?' Section in the EBook Forum on this site for help and advice.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzod01 View Post
alright ladies and gents thought i might pick your brain. My soon to be wife reads a lot of books so i'm contemplating getting her a 505 reader but as a avid gadgeter i'm a little concerned if the 505 is decent and if it's got the legs to stay around for a while if not what else could you suggest.
The Sony 505 is a good device. The real question is what sort of books your wife to be reads, and whether they are available in an electronic form that the 505 can display. There isn't a standard ebook format everyone supports, and all ebook readers don't display all available books.

(I use a PalmOS PDA to read ebooks, and have five different viewer programs installed to cover all the bases.)
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote