Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
Vadim777
Vadim777 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Help to compose a regex to find strings, enclosed in comments tags

Hi I have a problem: I want to use calibre to convert eBook I downloaded as a bunch of HTML pages to ePub format. And in the pages there are some comments, which I would like to remove.

The example text I want to remove is as follows:

I want to remove text enclosed in comments, including the comments themselfs.

Here is what I have tried but without success:

I have tried a few more, but also without success. I wonder why this is so because I can easily select a tag, but not a comment. Like this:

So could somebody help with this? I have also attached Html file. Thanks in anvance if somebody could help
Attached Files
File Type: rar Autocorrelation (58).rar (5.6 KB, 226 views)
Vadim777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Multiline is a problem when doing this. That's why the individual tags worked, as they are on same line.
Try using this

Code:
(?mis)<!-- Copyright.+?<!-- /Copyright.+? -->
That should match any comments that begin with the Copyright up to end of that comment.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Vadim777

Wow thanks! That's is exactly what I need! Thanks!

By the way, from where you knwo the flag (?mis)? I have searched here http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/regexp.html and here http://docs.python.org/search.html?q=%28%3Fmis%29 , and even here https://www.google.com.ua/search?sou...w=1280&bih=656 but haven't found anything. Some kind of hidden flag
Old 04-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Its a combination of 3 flags.

I remembered there was a topic a while ago, and done a search for 'multiline', looked through several of the results and found this topic
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nothing hidden about it, they are described here: http://docs.python.org/library/re.html and that in turn is linked to from here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/regexp.html#credits
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Vadim777

@Perkin, @kovidgoyal

Thanks for the links I thought "mis" was one solid flag, so that confused me to "filtrate" everything else . Thanks again for links and for help, now I have a bunch of readable ePub books on my device .