Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
melodysilence
melodysilence began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
How to tell the difference between a new kindle dx graphite and a refurbushed one?

Hi,

Just wondering in what way you can tell if it is a brand-new kindle dxg or a refurb? Are there any marks can be used to differentiate them?

Cheers
melodysilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodysilence View Post
Hi,

Just wondering in what way you can tell if it is a brand-new kindle dxg or a refurb? Are there any marks can be used to differentiate them?

Cheers
I've asked the refurb question before and the answer is apparently 'no'.
It will come with a red sticker on the box though, so I've been told.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
melodysilence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
I've asked the refurb question before and the answer is apparently 'no'.
It will come with a red sticker on the box though, so I've been told.
By saying the answer is 'no' do you mean refurb looks exactly the same as the brandnew one?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
By saying the answer is 'no' do you mean refurb looks exactly the same as the brandnew one?
yes.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
melodysilence

Quote:
yes.
I really hate refurbished products. Why they exist!
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Because they're cheaper. If you want a new one, buy a new one?
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
It is fixed by the OEM, you save money and the warranty is the same... how is this bad
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
melodysilence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Because they're cheaper. If you want a new one, buy a new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
My old iphone is refubnished. I had it for like 3 years, never had a problem with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
It is fixed by the OEM, you save money and the warranty is the same... how is this bad
Hey guys, the reason I hope there is no refurbished goods is because in some place, some people labled them as a brandnew one and sell them at the brandnew one's price. Comsumers cant tell the difference and think it is the new one they are holding.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Hey guys, the reason I hope there is no refurbished goods is because in some place, some people labled them as a brandnew one and sell them at the brandnew one's price. Comsumers cant tell the difference and think it is the new one they are holding.
there is the red sticker on the box of refurbs.
if the box is open, well then it's used and it's a difference that makes no difference.
besides, I would probably trust a refurb more since it means that quality control has gone over that unit with a fine-tooth comb.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #10
melodysilence

Quote:
there is the red sticker on the box of refurbs.
if the box is open, well then it's used and it's a difference that makes no difference.
besides, I would probably trust a refurb more since it means that quality control has gone over that unit with a fine-tooth comb.
Cheers mate!
It seems that you have all versions of kindle readers except Kindle 1, and you even got a stone tablet? I bet it has a touch screen, does it?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Cheers mate!
It seems that you have all versions of kindle readers except Kindle 1, and you even got a stone tablet? I bet it has a touch screen, does it?
nah, maybe the next generation.
it does come with a chisel stylus though.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
melodysilence

Quote:
nah, maybe the next generation.
it does come with a chisel stylus though.
Actually I found plenty of stone tablets in my backyard! All refurbished ones though.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #13
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
What do you expect them to do? Throw the product in the trash?

I could use your same argument about used "like new" products.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote