Notices

Old 12-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #691
rmarten
rmarten began at the beginning.

Device: none
Goodreads Editions column

Hi!

Thanks for a great plugin.
I noticed that in the Plugin button you have the possibility to change edition.
Now I wonder if you have thought about adding a edition column for it in Calibre?
Is it possible with the current Goodreads API?

The reason is I like managing my ebooks i calibre and somehow I always seem to pick the wrong edition. This would be nice to have visible as a column and I hope someone would help in this.
rmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #692
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarten View Post
I noticed that in the Plugin button you have the possibility to change edition.
Now I wonder if you have thought about adding a edition column for it in Calibre?
Is it possible with the current Goodreads API?
The Goodreads Id (seen in the Tag Browser under "Identifiers") is the edition in Goodreads, so I would have thought it was already available in a column.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #693
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarten View Post
Here is the custom column I added to Calibre to display the Goodreads ID.

You can add this to your Calibre install as follows:
  1. Preferences -> Change calibre behavior (or you can press Ctrl-P)
  2. Click 'Add your own columns'
  3. Click the green plus sign on right side
  4. Enter data is indicated in screen shot below
  5. Click OK button
  6. Click Apply (top left corner, green check mark)
  7. Restart calibre (you should be prompted, but it you are not just close calibre and start again)

How you have a column defined to show the Goodreads ID. You can display this in book details and in the list view (or anywhere else columns are displayed/used).

Important to note: This is a read only column. If you want to change the value you must modify the Ids metadata field (goodreads:1234567). This is where Goodreads Sync stores the edition id.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goodreads_id.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	132182  
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #694
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to newer menu management

Attached is an update to the plugin to include the recent changes in menu handling that came into calibre in version 2.10. While I didn't see a problem with the menus that other plugins had, I decided to update them to be consistent. This also includes the changes I made some time ago to update the reading progress.

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-05-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Removed attachment as officially released
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #695
rmarten
rmarten began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwdecarlo View Post
Here is the custom column I added to Calibre to display the Goodreads ID.

You can add this to your Calibre install as follows:
Thanks.. Yes I knew about the goodreads id but not exactly what I wanted.
Maybe the edition isn't what I'm after but some information in about the edition.
For example. What I would like to have in a column is information like: Paperback, 384 pages
rmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #696
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.7.6 Released

Thanks to davidfor above who made the changes, first post updated with the attachment.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #697
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Can this plugin be used to see what titles on my Goodreads TBR shelf I already own in Calibre?

Also, is the API limitation still in affect since Amazon's purchase of Goodreads?

Thanks.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #698
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Receiving and error when syncing "Read" shelf using custom columns for Date Read and Book Status

calibre, version 2.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'orig_goodreads_id'

calibre 2.15 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Barnes & Noble && Goodreads Sync && SmartEject && QuarantineAndScrub && Quick Preferences && Similar Stories && Goodreads && Quality Check && Search The Internet && Clean Metadata && Beam Ebooks && FictionDB && Favourites Menu && Diaps Editing Toolbag && Find Duplicates && Kindle Collections && Extract ISBN
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 336, in sync_shelves
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 345, in _update_goodreads_ids
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 511, in _update_calibre_database_ids_for_selection
KeyError: u'orig_goodreads_id'

Any Ideas?
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #699
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Anyone? Still getting this error whenever I am syncing from shelves,

calibre, version 2.16.0

calibre 2.16 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Quick Preferences && Similar Stories && Clean Metadata && Find Duplicates && FictionDB && Beam Ebooks && QuarantineAndScrub && Search The Internet && SmartEject && Diaps Editing Toolbag && Extract ISBN && Barnes & Noble && Goodreads && Kindle Collections && Goodreads Sync && Quality Check && Favourites Menu
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 345, in _update_goodreads_ids
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 511, in _update_calibre_database_ids_for_selection
Old 01-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #700
mp3sii
mp3sii began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Same issue

Same issue as crissman

calibre, version 2.16.0

calibre 2.16 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-14.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '14.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.9
OSX: ('10.10.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync && Barnes & Noble && Quality Check && Goodreads && Extract ISBN && Kindle Collections
mp3sii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 AM   #701
Mimi2008
Mimi2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
same problem here

Hi,

I´ve got the same problem:

calibre 2.16 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM && Inept Epub DeDRM && Hyphenate This! && Barnes & Noble && Favourites Menu && EpubSplit && Search The Internet && Reading List && Inept PDF DeDRM && SmartEject && Goodreads && Quality Check && Find Duplicates && Count Pages && eReader PDB 2 PML && Ignoble Epub DeDRM && Kindle Collections && Goodreads Sync

Can someone help?
Mimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #702
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alright folks I will take a look.

EDIT: I have made a fix for this in the attachment below. Can someone please test the Sync functionality (those of you who were getting the error above) and let me know if everything is behaving properly now?

Once I get feedback it is OK I will release it.

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-12-2015 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Removed attachment as officially released
Old 01-11-2015, 01:49 PM   #703
mp3sii
mp3sii began at the beginning.

Device: K3
I tested the new plugin, works correctly and no former issue. Thank you.
mp3sii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #704
crissman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Alright folks I will take a look.

EDIT: I have made a fix for this in the attachment below. Can someone please test the Sync functionality (those of you who were getting the error above) and let me know if everything is behaving properly now?

Once I get feedback it is OK I will release it.

Works perfectly on my end, Thanks Kiwidude!! No more errors

Quick question, when customizing goodreads sync, using the "edit sync actions for "shelf name" choosing the option to sync rating from goodreads when syncing from this shelf, Is there a way to take the rating average listed on goodreads rather then the rating I enter in? I would like this for the shelves in which I haven't read to help give me an idea of what I would like to read next in calibre. I do like the option for syncing my own ratings from a shelf such as "read" but would also like to gather the goodreads rating for all my non-read books.

Last edited by crissman; 01-11-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:57 AM   #705
kiwidude

@crissman - Use the Goodreads metadata download plugin to get the average rating.

Tags
calibre, goodreads