Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Just wondering - Do you think it will be long before Apple

Assuming that apps like Kindle4iOS, Sony Reader, Kobo, B&N's reader as well as other such or even successful apps are essentially hamstrung in terms of those apps generating revenue on that platform for the developers. So does anyone wonder if some "genius" at Apple is going to play the "exclusivity to get approval" card just when the developer either signs up for the iOS developer program or makes such a requirement part of the final approval process?

Just wondering because I find the current direction quite ugly and have to wonder if Apple is really looking at such a direction over the near term as more and more competition begins to hit store shelves.

As an example, and I realize it was apparently by choice, but the whole Murdoch thing with their News app being exclusive to the iOS platform. Perhaps a test to see if such a possibility is feasible?

I mean at this point I really would not be surprised of anything, even near to extortion level fees for apps which do not opt-in to the exclusivity plan.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I can't make out what you are saying ...
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

read more.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Maybe if you translate it into English ?
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony 505 (2nd one), had a Cool-er but broke it, Dell Streak
lol, I understand but it isn't written very elegantly is all. I think Apple would be foolish to go down this route ESPECIALLY with the bigger players, as android OS has a much larger user base and with WINMO 7 now out I think companies (not all mind) may shun apple if asked to pick.
BenjaminJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
I have to concur that your post isn't terribly clear. However if I'm deciphering it properly:

• Android is already beating iOS for smartphone market share. Driving off developers won't help that situation.

• Chances are that Apple will lose market share in the tablet space fairly quickly, especially as they tighten control over apps and competitors offer viable alternatives like 7" tablets.

• No, they won't get away with demanding that developers produce an app exclusively for iOS.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote