Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #16
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
Hi leandroide, when I get to settings as you describe I get 4 options, no 1 is Key sound in on/off. Pressing 0 has no function.
I notice in your details that you have a Papyre 6.1. perhaps there are some differences with the version I have
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #17
roytravis
Enthusiast

Good morning cbell, I am having no success loading the new firmware, I have tried two sd cards one with no files and have loaded the file down to both a PC and a Mac.

Perhaps it would be easier if I came up to Mitcham?
Old 01-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
hi roytravis, I suppose your HanLin has plenty of charge? (It should notify you if you try to update and its not charged enough.) You might find a reset with a re-start may make the update work.

If not, yes, please come in to Mitcham - whenever suits you is fine, but not between 1 and 2 today. Probably be best if you come in soon to avoid the heat (forecast is 35C today)
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #19
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roytravis View Post
Hi leandroide, when I get to settings as you describe I get 4 options, no 1 is Key sound in on/off. Pressing 0 has no function.
I notice in your details that you have a Papyre 6.1. perhaps there are some differences with the version I have
Ok, that explains everything.

You are pressing Ok and 6 from outside a book (from a list of files and directories).

You have to press Ok and 6 from inside a fb2 book!. For instance, you have a file "book.fb2"; you open it; wait until the text of the book appears and then, you press Ok and 6!!

Hope this helps!

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #20
roytravis
Enthusiast

Hi leandroide. the mystery remains. When I press OK within a text page I get a menu with 10 options, no 6 is "Follow Link"
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #21
roytravis
Enthusiast

Hi cbell, the Hanlin was fully charged before I attempted the update. I will plan to come to Mitcham. Will not be for a day or two. I will phone before to make sure it is convenient.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #22
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I'm looking at a FB2 book on a HanLin with the same firmware as roytravis. I see the options exactly as leandroide describes.

roytravis, we can load the fb2 file I have on your HanLin to test it and we can both upgrade our HanLins when you come in.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #23
roytravis
Enthusiast

Thanks cbell, will give you a call in a day or two
Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #24
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Hi leandroide. the mystery remains. When I press OK within a text page I get a menu with 10 options, no 6 is "Follow Link"
Ups!

I think that you are reading a book in mobipocket format (.prc or .mobi)

What I say works for books in fb2 format.

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #25
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Ah, you're reading a Mobipocket book, then. Confusingly, bookmarks work differently for Mobipocket books than for most (or all?) other formats on the V3 clones, which I hope will be fixed soon.

For now, press 6 to get the bookmark page, press the big OK button to get the bookmark menu, from which pressing 1 will add a bookmark for the current page and pressing 2 will allow you to select a bookmark to delete.

To go to a previously set bookmark, I believe you need to press 6 to get the bookmark page, then press the number corresponding to the bookmark.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #26
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Hi cbell yes I am using a 2gb card. I have successfully loaded down the update onto my PC and then onto the sd card. I started the update on the reader and came up with n error that the file was invalid. The file is not compressed, ie a zip file and the reader starts the update process. Is there a trick to loading the file to the root directory? Any thoughts?
Use a 1Gig card or smaller.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #27
roytravis
Enthusiast

thank you DaleDe and Gudy for your input. The bookmark feature with a Mobipocket book works as you say Gudy.
leandroide,cbell is upgrading my Hanlin this morning so I will then see the same screen as you are describing.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #28
roytravis
Enthusiast

If I download a book top the built in storage disc on my PC it shows as being on the disc, however it does not show on my reader.
My sd card works fine with any books I download to it.
My error I will open this as a new forum

Last edited by roytravis; 01-20-2009 at 12:46 AM.