Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
GypsyJon
Enthusiast
GypsyJon began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Pro 902
Pocketbook Ink Pad vs Kobo

Can anyone give me their opinion on the brightness of the screens on these devices?

Thx
GypsyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Which Kobo? Note that e-ink displays do not emit light.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJon View Post
Can anyone give me their opinion on the brightness of the screens on these devices?

Thx
I cannot compare since I don't have a pocketbook device but I can tell you that the light on my Kobo AuraHD is very good and very even, a kind of milk white light with a good contrast on the text.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
GypsyJon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
Which Kobo? Note that e-ink displays do not emit light.
Yes, I know that. Perhaps I should have said contrast.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:30 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJon View Post
Yes, I know that. Perhaps I should have said contrast.
You still do need to specify which Kobo. The Kobo Glo is much inferior contrast/screen wise vs the Kobo Aura H2O. Even the Kobo Aura HD (immediate predecessor to the H2O is noticeably less contrast). I can't comment on the Inkpad as I have never seen one.

EDIT: from a web search it looks like the Ink Pad is Pearl e-ink screen. This the same type of screen used in the Aura HD and should have similar contrast to it, which is less than the Aura H2O. The one possible factor that could skew this is the fact that the Ink Pad is capacitive touch so there may be another layer on the screen that the Aura HD doesn't have (IR touchscreen). Some people feel that the capacitive layer on the Aura 6" makes for poorer contrast vs the non-capacitive Kobo readers.

Last edited by robko; 02-21-2015 at 11:38 PM.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
GypsyJon
Enthusiast

Thanks! That is the info I was looking for.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #7
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Kobo Aura H2O and Pocketbook Inkpad, reading Scientific PDF/Books thereon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsJizVAMpDQ

Using KOReader on Kobo from 21:00 min.

Last edited by markom; 02-25-2015 at 09:25 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote