Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Question about multiple formats and metadata

If I have a Fictionwise multiformat book and I want to download more than one format rather than just converting between them, I know I can drop a new format into the folder in Calibre's directory. But will that apply the metadata too? I am worried because I have LRF files and want to put mobipocket versions on the Kindle and I don't want them showing up with weird file names. If I have correctly set the title and author on the LRF file and I put a mobi version in there with it, will it transfer to the Kindle with the correct author and title?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes .
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard

Okay, I tried it with one sample file and it worked, so I put in all my other ones. And none of the mobi versions are showing in Calibre. When I click on a title, it just says LRF and when I click for more details, only the LRF is in there. I put it in the book's folder right with the other one. It's over 100 files so I am not looking forward to going through, finding them again, moving them out of there and then re-importing. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You cant put the files directly into the folders, you have to add them via the edit meta information dialog. I thought you were asking if you could read metadata from the new files.
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And in any case, why not jusy bulk convert all your LRF books to MOBI?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
ficbot
Wizard

Kovid---I tried just converting and the text wasn't justified. I tried several times, checking the settings. I guess I will just re-download them from Fictionwise Changing devices is such a hassle.