Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Shadowjack
Enthusiast
Shadowjack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, Kobo H2O, H2Ov2, Libra H2O
New Calibre user

I am a new user of Calibre. I am using it with my new PRS-505. First let me say it is a great tool. Now I have some questions that I couldn't find an answer to in the forums or the documentation.

1. I have many books I have purchased from Sony Connect (.lrx). Unfortunately they are not very good at being consistent in their meta-data for the author. Sometimes it is last name, first name and other times it is first name last name. This leads to poor sorts in the "Books by Author" menu. I can change the meta-data in my Calibre library but when the book is moved to the Reader it must use the book's meta-data and reverts to the inconsitent authors. Is there a way to change the underlying meta-data or what Reader stores? Or am I out-of-luck because the book is copy protected?

2. Is there a way to tell Calibre to automattically create a collection per author? Or do I have to add a tags for this?

3. If I update the tag information in my library is there a quick way to update the information to my Reader, a sort of re-sync capability? If not, do I have to re-send the book to my reader to get the new tags (catagories) created? Also, if I remove a tag from a book will it remove it from the Reader's catagories? Is there a way to delete a catagory?

Thanks.

Kevin
Shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. Your out of luck, since metadata cannot be changed in a LRX file withouht invalidating the DRM

2. No, you have to use tags. calibre creates collections from only series and tags

3. You have to do a resend, which will rest tags including deleting unused tags etc. Once a collection has no more books in it, the next time you connect your reader to claibre, it is automatically removed
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert