Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
kapblp
kapblp began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Q1U
Hi - New Owner Here

HI.

I am brand spanking new Kindle 2 owner as of today. It is still charging for the first time. I read the manual on it and put a few things I prepared myself. I also found a way to add RSS feeds and "bought" 2 freebies off of the Amazon store.

I think I am really going to like this thing. I hated the price, but think it will be a productivity boon since I can do a lot of the things I was doing with my tablet (reading RSS, books, some web sites) anywhere.

So hi folks.
kapblp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, kapblp, and welcome to MobileRead.

Have you participated in our Kindle Poll? Click on the linky.

Enjoy your toy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome!! Congrats on the new Kindle!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello kapblp
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hi! Welcome - pull up a cyber-stool and order a glass of your favorite virtual libations!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
kapblp
kapblp began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Q1U
Thanks for the welcomes. I love this thing already. I am sure the excitement wore off, but I've never been this excited about reading. My wife was eyeing and I am afraid I may have to share. Also my kids think its cool and agree that it reminds them of a star trek pad. You know the ones they kept reading in TNG.
kapblp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kapblp and welcome to the Forum.

Warning: You say you 'love' your Kindle but what seems like love now becomes 'addiction' soon enough. Same thing for this Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote