Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
britz1
britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Did You Lose A Kindle In L.A.? I May Have It

It's the same story I'm sure you've all heard: Bought a Kindle off Craigslist and it's been blacklisted. Contacted Amazon, they said it was reported lost/stolen in September of this year. Did you lose a Kindle in the Los Angeles area and have the serial to prove it? This thing has been a major headache and I would just like to see the owner have it back. Amazon wouldn't pass my info to the previous owner and said that the only thing they could do is send over a pre-paid box, I send it back and they MAY get it back to previous owner. If not, they re-sell it. Lame, but I guess I don't know what they're supposed to do. Anyways, would like to the owner with their expensive toy back. PM me an questions, or serials that you'd like to cross check with me.
britz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
That's very cool of you britz1. We live and learn, but its nice to see that you're doing the right thing when you realized it.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
how terribly sweet of you to try to do the right thing. unfortunately I don't think many people record the serial number from their devices ;o(
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
britz1, you ROCK!

To prove it, I think that's a record amount of Karma for a one poster.

Maybe people can find their serial number via their Amazon account?

Regardless, I wish you all the best.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Thank you for doing this. Good luck finding the correct person.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Karma to you for the thought, and I'm sure there are other ways of verifying ownership than just the serial number.

Now, many people keep their boxes and the serial number is on that.

A phone call to Amazon KS would probably verifiy the owners name if someone tells you its theirs.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
britz1
britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'britz1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks all. I'm hoping that whoever lost it was sure to keep their serial # or, at the very least, they'd be able to call Amazon and retrieve it. I've also posted on Craigslist and haven't had much luck. I'll be sure to update you all but, hopefully, someone here can claim it.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
3bayjunkie
SPC
3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 (3g,black)
the serial for your kindle is on the box it came in. so unless the owner got rid of the box he should have the serial.
3bayjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I posted about this thread on my livejournal. I figure, the more coverage the better; it would be really neat if this Kindle could find its way home.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
britz1

Thank you, @catsittingstill! I haven't had much luck but I'm remaining optimistic!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
I lost mine at LAX in early December (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109435), so I do not think this is mine because you mention September.

If you think the December date can work, I think I can find the serial from the lost Kindle (I still have the box somewhere).
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
britz1

Sorry to hear about that, osnova. Go ahead and send me the serial (or partial, whatever you prefer) and I can check for you. However, Amazon has told me that this particular Kindle was reported in September. Regardless, it's worth a shot.

Tags
blacklisted, brick, kindle, lost, stolen