Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #1231
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW1, PW2
@NiLuJe-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	laugh.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	125311  
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #1232
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@GoSharks: Now I await your sudden but inevitable betrayal...
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:03 AM   #1233
lilmo
lilmo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2EU - SN 9017 - FW 5.4.3.2
Hello !

I am new to this forum since I recently was offered a Kindle Paperwhite 2.
It was bought from France and shipped to France.
My serial number starts with 9017 so I have the PW2EU. And I have the FW version 5.4.3.2.

I managed to jailbreak my device with the last screenshot and I installed USBNet but the UYK is grayed out when I try to install le sreensaver hack (Update_linkss_0.17.N_install_pw2) & python (Update_python_0.10.N_install_pw2).
Is that because my device is not compatible with these updates ?

Thanks for your help !

--

Edit : My bad. I used the screenshots again and it worked perfectly !

Last edited by lilmo; 07-14-2014 at 03:22 AM.
lilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #1234
DeepB
DeepB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@DeepB: If you haven't touched the settings yet, make sure you're *not* booting with the device plugged in. (Assuming you're not using a SO or Waterstones device, that is).
I do not boot with the usb plugged in. Also I do not SO, and what is Waterstone?

thanks
Daniel
DeepB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #1235
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DeepB: Huh, then let's try the usual.

Try:

* Uninstalling linkss
* Removing the linkss folder
* Installing ilinkss again
* *STOP*

If it doesn't help, PM me your system logs (Enter ;dm in the Homescreen's searchbar, then zip up & upload the log files somewhere).

Just to make sure: what you you mean by 'the old screensavers'? (i.e., what do you see).
Old 07-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #1236
DeepB

I see the standard pictures like the newspapers, the words, the pens and so on.

I'll try the other things and report back, thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #1237
DeepB

Ok, so I put the Update_linkss_0.17.N_uninstall.bin in the root folder and install update.
Then I removed the linkss folder in the root directory.
reboot kindle
install Update_linkss_0.17.N_install_touch_pw.bin

I will send you the link to the log in a PM.

thank you
Old 07-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #1238
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@DeepB: Okay, looking at the logs, best guess: you have an old version of the jailbreak, and you updated to 5.4.

Update the jailbreak & restart your device, that should clear things up.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #1239
DeepB

now it works, thank you very much.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #1240
Ebri
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have a maybe strange question or feature request, i use koreader and sometimes read epubs in it, while screensaver hack show my last read book in the kindle environment. Is there a possible way to take into consideration what i read on koreader? (I use KPVBooklet to start koreader, so the book I read last is on the top of last read books, though I checked it and it seems the system puts different books on top, but it updates after opening a new book in koreader .

Anyway, in short I am asking about the theoretical possibility.
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #1241
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ebri: It should technically be possible, but parsing an OPF in an ePub is a whole different kettle of fish . And that's if KOreader's history is updated at the right time (which it might, I haven't actually checked. Trivial to tweak on KOReader's side, though, so not a huge problem).

I personally probably won't ever implement this, but I'm welcome to a patch if it's done in a remotely sensible way .
Old 07-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #1242
j0ke42
j0ke42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Okay I have some problem showing the book covers as screensaver...

What I did so far:
- jailbreak the kindle using the snapshots (because mine is a shiny new kindle)
- install python & linkss (snapshots again...), and the screensaver told me I had installed the hack correctly
- add an empty file called cover to the links folder, restart... and still i get the screensaver telling me I installed the hack, but no book cover.

What part am I missing?
Is there a certain type of file it should be? I just made an empty file with Textedit, an RTF (hide extension)

Hope someone can help
j0ke42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #1243
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Ensure the filename does not have an extension (not just does not show an extension).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #1244
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
You may want to use the KUAL extension to control the hack.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #1245
j0ke42
j0ke42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ensure the filename does not have an extension (not just does not show an extension).
duh of course, should have thought of that myself.

it works now

You know this almost makes me happy I accidentally sat on my kindle keyboard and having to buy a new Kindle this is a feature I have wanted since I bought my previous/first kindle
And though I liked my custom screensaver, really seeing the book cover makes me really happy
j0ke42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch