Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2022, 11:08 AM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You could simply check if wpa_supplicant managed to associate with an AP via wpa_cli, that should work just as well, will only block as long as necessary, and doesn't require actual WAN connectivity.

c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader...sync.sh#L8-L20

Or, in a similar fashion, poke sysfs until the network IF is up:

c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ce.lua#L15-L27

(Except don't hardcode the IF name, use the ${INTERFACE} env var).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:35 AM   #17
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I would be very interested in this, but as I'm no technic, I've got some difficulties: Where do I find the extracting location /mnt/onboard/.adds/notes/? I suppose it should be in the Kobo?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2022, 05:06 PM   #18
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I would be very interested in this, but as I'm no technic, I've got some difficulties: Where do I find the extracting location /mnt/onboard/.adds/notes/? I suppose it should be in the Kobo?
That location points to a hidden folder on your Kobo, ie. when you plug it into your computer you'd have to create it at
Code:
.adds/notes
. For this script to work though you'd need NickelMenu and if you want to sync it, KoboCloud.
qkqw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:03 AM   #19
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkqw View Post
For this script to work though you'd need NickelMenu and if you want to sync it, KoboCloud.
Thank you! I'll fail on this, as I have neither NickelMenu nor KoboCloud. Pity!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:10 PM   #20
qkqw
Connoisseur
qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.qkqw is at one with the great books of the world.

I've uploaded a small update that removes the KoboCloud dependency (none of you guys were using it anyways) and renames notes with their current date. That allows you to have a history of exported notes, of which currently only 21 (worth for at least 3 weeks) are kept. That number can be configured.
Advert
Old 08-04-2023, 02:33 AM   #21
qkqw
Connoisseur

I've uploaded a small update to the script, allowing to export the book progress of PDFs as well.
Old 10-16-2023, 12:53 PM   #22
qkqw
Connoisseur

Fixed a bug in reading progress that didn't list a book when it doesn't have any chapter titles (e.g. PDFs or automatically generated Epubs).
Old 03-17-2024, 04:06 PM   #23
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast
Cyril Gabard began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Hello, i've discover your script and i find it pretty awesome. Thanks for your work !

I'm working to get into the world of scripts and database queries. I modified your script to translate it and to sort notes by the most recent, everything works fine but i noticed that some books that I highlighted or "dogeared" dont show in my md file.

I noticed that the book that is not showing is a book that has no chapter names. But the same book is shown in "reading progress".

All my books are converted to kepub by Calibre.

Any clue ?

Last edited by Cyril Gabard; 03-17-2024 at 04:17 PM.
Cyril Gabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:08 AM   #24
qkqw
Connoisseur

Sqlite is pretty finicky when it comes to NULL values. You could try to modify the query and do a
Code:
SELECT * FROM Bookmark b...
and see if anything shows up. If so, we'd need to update the formatting, if not, the query would have to be adjusted.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:22 PM   #25
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sqlite is pretty finicky when it comes to NULL values. You could try to modify the query and do a
Code:
SELECT * FROM Bookmark b...
and see if anything shows up. If so, we'd need to update the formatting, if not, the query would have to be adjusted.
Sorry, I'm not geek enough. Where do i put this code ? What is after b... ?
Old 03-18-2024, 03:19 PM   #26
qkqw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Gabard View Post
Sorry, I'm not geek enough. Where do i put this code ? What is after b... ?
It's the main SQL query in the script which fetches all results
Old 03-18-2024, 05:07 PM   #27
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
It's the main SQL query in the script which fetches all results
Could you show me the script rewritten ? I think i cannot do it, sorry
Old 03-18-2024, 07:08 PM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Could you show me the script rewritten ? I think i cannot do it, sorry
If you look around line 67 in notes.sh file from the 20231016 .zip file, you will see a line starting:

Code:
  FROM Bookmark b
I think what was meant in the @qkqw's post is that for testing, the line should be modified to:

Code:
SELECT * FROM Bookmark b
Good luck!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:01 AM   #29
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you look around line 67 in notes.sh file from the 20231016 .zip file, you will see a line starting:

Code:
  FROM Bookmark b
I think what was meant in the @qkqw's post is that for testing, the line should be modified to:

Code:
SELECT * FROM Bookmark b
Good luck!
Tx ! i'll try and come back here to tell !
Old 03-20-2024, 04:02 PM   #30
Cyril Gabard
Enthusiast

Quote:
Tx ! i'll try and come back here to tell !
Hi, I tried this change but it emptied the bookmarks part of the markdown