Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #31
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen View Post
I think one of my favorite Christmas presents ever was my Sega Genesis video game console. It's seen a lot of mileage and a lot of games and still remains one of my favorite consoles ever, even after the PS2 and XBOX 360 and what have you.

I've had many great Christmases since so it's difficult to REALLY pick just one!
Ahh I love the sound when you turn it on...SEEEGAAA

Sonic still rocks my socks.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #32
steen
steen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Ahh I love the sound when you turn it on...SEEEGAAA

Sonic still rocks my socks.
I agree completely! I must've played the first two Sonic games hundreds of times, all the way through. Tails was always my favorite character.
steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #33
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I knew this thread could do it! You people are great! Merry Christmas!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:10 PM   #34
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Awww, Dreamer, that is so heartwarming. You are as sweet as you are pretty - and I don't mean your avatars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, dreamer has a good heart, you can tell.
Thank you. That gifting method might not work for everyone, but it did for me. My family did that for several years until I decided that I'd rather deposit the money into my bank account than spend it all at Christmas. Somehow unwrapping a photocopied deposit slip doesn't really generate warm and fuzzy feelings.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If we change the topic to Your best holiday present ever? then I'd be able to say. I've celebreated Chanukah all my life and I don't have a favorite Christmas present.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #36
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If we change the topic to Your best holiday present ever? then I'd be able to say. I've celebreated Chanukah all my life and I don't have a favorite Christmas present.

OH OH OH.....HAPPY CHANUKAH, Mr. Wolf!!! Certainly, what was YOUR best holiday present ever???
Old 12-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My best holiday time was spending Chanukah and christmas with my wife the first year we were married. I don't remember what I got her or what she got me, but I do remember that it was a great time spending the holidays with her.

When I was 14, one of the best gifts I did get for Chaukah was a Panasonic VHS player. It was a hugh heavy thing. It was of really good quality. I loved it back then.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #38
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My best holiday time was spending Chanukah and christmas with my wife the first year we were married. I don't remember what I got her or what she got me, but I do remember that it was a great time spending the holidays with her.

When I was 14, one of the best gifts I did get for Chaukah was a Panasonic VHS player. It was a hugh heavy thing. It was of really good quality. I loved it back then.
awwww...see? Thats what I'm talking about. Good times. I remember how excited I was when the VHS players first came out. The idea of taping shows to watch over and over, and not having to be there when they came on was awesome.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #39
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Here's a Guardian article discussing (among other things) whether observant orthodox jewish people may use ebooks on the sabbath:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...naomi-alderman
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #40
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen View Post
I agree completely! I must've played the first two Sonic games hundreds of times, all the way through. Tails was always my favorite character.
I think I still remember the cheat in sonic.

Right after the Sega part, up down left right A B start
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #41
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I think I was 12 or 13 years old when my grandparents decided it was easier to give me money for Christmas than buy gifts. At the beginning of December, I got money from both grandparents. I bought my own gifts and kept track of which money I used. On Christmas day, the grandparents opened the packages to see how I spent their money. I think watching their reaction was my best Christmas gift.

Dreamer
Wonderful story!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #42
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Six years ago my daughter was born 10 weeks early. She was on a respirator, had tubes in her chest, had trouble with her heart rate, amongst other things... and we weren't sure if she was going to survive. She spent 5 weeks in intensive care at the hospital and finally came home on Christmas Eve. That was a pretty awesome present.

BTW, she's doing great and is a perfectly healthy kid now.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #43
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Six years ago my daughter was born 10 weeks early. She was on a respirator, had tubes in her chest, had trouble with her heart rate, amongst other things... and we weren't sure if she was going to survive. She spent 5 weeks in intensive care at the hospital and finally came home on Christmas Eve. That was a pretty awesome present.

BTW, she's doing great and is a perfectly healthy kid now.
Okay, you win.. Thats an awesome story, and thanks for sharing. I am so happy for you.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #44
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I got a Cybook Gen 3 for Xmas and just wanted to tell the whole world that I love my wife to pieces!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #45
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I got a Cybook Gen 3 for Xmas and just wanted to tell the whole world that I love my wife to pieces!
Hope you've told your wife, too!!!