Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
FBReader & Mobi images

Is it possible for FBReader to display images? I just tried my World Fact eBook and the lack of maps and flags was rather jarring.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot to add that this is the latest version of FBReader on a WinXP machine.
Advert
Old 05-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It can display images, but I agree that it isn't displaying any from the World Fact eBook. See for example Poe, Edgar Allan: The Raven (ill) by Dore. v1. 22 Jan 2009, or any of the illustrated examples in the MOBI library.

In FBReader the images are always centered, and if they are too big to show they will be clipped to the screen.

Note that FBReader will also display HTML (and it also fails to display images in the HTML extracted from the World Fact eBook). I tried to extract France (with its map) as a stand-alone HTML test, but the text isn't very editor friendly.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
It can display images, but I agree that it isn't displaying any from the World Fact eBook. See for example Poe, Edgar Allan: The Raven (ill) by Dore. v1. 22 Jan 2009, or any of the illustrated examples in the MOBI library.

In FBReader the images are always centered, and if they are too big to show they will be clipped to the screen.

Note that FBReader will also display HTML (and it also fails to display images in the HTML extracted from the World Fact eBook). I tried to extract France (with its map) as a stand-alone HTML test, but the text isn't very editor friendly.
Thanks. I tried The Raven, and it worked. I also tried my source HTML, and it also worked (including the images). Odd. I filed a bug report.

BTW, I also experimented with the paragraph indentation. FBReader ignored all of it. I'm going to file a bug report for that, as well.