Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
bookie
bookie began at the beginning.

Device: nokia
Using a nook glow in Australia

Hi all

How easy is it to use this device in Australia? I don't care if I can't buy books from the Barnes and Nobles store, just want to take out books from libraries via Overdrive and maybe buy the odd book from other e books sites (not Amazon of course).

Clearly a downside of buying a Nook in Australia is that there is no local technical support. I'm interested in people's experiences...if you've bought a Nook Glow has it been easy to set up and problem free ...I'm very much a non geek so if the hassle level is high this is a turn off.

Thanks for your help

Bookie
bookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I'm in Sweden and I absolutely love my Nook Touch! So do my friends that have them over here as well. Shouldn't be any different in Australia.
Using the device outside of USA is no problem at all.
We don't have Glows, but setting up really should be the same as for the non-Glows. Just register it with any e-mail address. It's not actually checked, so it doesn't even have to be a valid one (I use a valid one but I have experimented with others as well).
Hook the Nook to your computer where you keep your ADE and transfer the books.
Completely hassle free, in my opinion!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Myself and a few friends all have nooks and we are in Australia, I have no problem. It is also easy to buy books from B&N if you wish
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote