Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
jpelgrom
jpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle (7th Gen.), Kobo Touch
Purchased book from Kobo not showing up in library on PC/Touch

Hello,
earlier today, I purchased a book at Kobo. I purchased it at Kobo because I would get a kepub, which is handy for the Kobo Touch. The only problem is: the book doesn't show up in my Kobo Desktop library, and also not when I sync my Kobo Touch. I can download the Adobe DRM EPUB from the website, but I would like a kepub. Is it just Kobo being slow, or are some books on the Kobo site Adobe DRM EPUB download-only?

Thanks in advance.
jpelgrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
not seen any books that are adobe download only

there are books that only work on the Vox & iOS app (kepub version)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
What was the title and author of the book in question?
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I had the same issue on Saturday night; Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap. Waiting to hear back from support.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
I had this problem with every book I "bought" (they were free classics, to test out the system). I finally opened on in a misc bit of software I happened to have on my computer.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Remmy
Remmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Same problem here, just purchased a book (through the website) and it wasn't showing up on Kobo Desktop or on my Kobo Touch. Did several syncs / restarts / etc. to no avail. On the website, it only showed up in 'My Purchases', but not in 'My Library'. I tried the 'bookmark 1st page' trick in 'My Purchases' and then did a re-sync, etc. but still not showing up in 'My Library'. Although... after trying the 'bookmark 1st page' a few times, I now got the book in 'My Library' on my Kobo Desktop. But... although I've done a wifi-sync and a cable-sync with Kobo Desktop, the book is still not showing up on my Kobo Touch. Have placed a ticket with Kobo, but haven't got a response yet.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I had downloaded a 'preview' of this book which I had deleted previous te buying the whole book? (BTW I downloaded 3 previews today, all of which showed me the table of contents, etc. but not one page of the actual book... ).
Remmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did any of you happen to have a preview of the book before you purchased it? This is a known issue and should be fixed with the next official update. I removed the preview (from all of my devices) and then did a factory reset of the Touch, which brought me the book. It had been in I'm Reading on the website at the time, thanks to bookmarking.

Some people have reported success getting purchased books to show up by going into the store on the Touch, searching/finding the book, and choosing it there. Even if it says "purchase" it should switch over and simply download.

I had a book like this that did not download onto the Touch, but did download on another device. I opened it there, and then on the next sync, it appeared on my Touch.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
Remmy
Remmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just an update to my previous post here: eventually Kobo Customer service replied, asked me to do a soft-reset, then factory-reset, etc. to no avail, the book I had bought on the Kobo website was still not showing up on Kobo Desktop or Kobo Touch. Mailed this back to them.

Got a reply giving me instructions on how to download the book using Adobe Digital Editions. Did this & transferred the book to my Kobo Touch. Even though I was glad I finally had the book on my reader, I was not happy because this mean:
1. Since it's not the kepub, apparently it doesn't show in the same font / size / etc. a kepub does, so when switching books I had to constantly alter the font size, etc.
2. Even though I now had the book on my reader, I couldn't sync / download it to my iPhone or Kobo Desktop to read and keep it sync'd with the reader.

Eventually kept on fiddling around with the book, I went to the website and in 'My Purchases', I bookmarked the book a few times, then I went to the Kobo Desktop, where the book was somehow sync'd this time, opened the book on the Desktop, and made some 'notes' in the book. After this, I finally got my Kobo Touch to sync the book!!!

I hope Kobo will resolve this issue, as it is obviously a bug more than one person is experiencing!
Remmy is offline   Reply With Quote