Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Sending books with same Title and Author to PRS-T1 device

I have started sending selected stories/books to my device. However, I ran into a problem when I tried to send two stories that had the same title and same author to the device. Even though they have the same title and author, they are part of different series by the author and are different stories/books. When I try to send the one which isn't on the device, the previous one gets erased.

Is there a way to send both books to the device?
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since the file name of the book on the device is based on its title and author, no. If you have some other metadata that is different for each of those entries you could change the send to device template to use that metadata instead/in addition to title/author.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #3
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Using your message as a guide, I changed the send to device template so that it now has the series included. I placed this in the send to device and in the save template under the plugin for my device.

My template is {author_sort}/{series}/{series_index}{title} - {authors}

It seems to work. However, I am getting an error when calibre tries to 'send metadata to device'. I get this error message:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 427, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 249, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 392, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 390, in write_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\json_codec.p y", line 122, in encode_to_file
File "json\__init__.py", line 238, in dumps
File "json\encoder.py", line 203, in encode
MemoryError

Did I do something wrong?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:54 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Until Kovid comes along..

I don't know if this is the cause, but the immediate question is, with the template:

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index}{title} - {authors}

What happens if there is no series and hence no series index? You might want to try the following:

{author_sort}/{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title} - {authors}

I suspect that will solve it, but you will lose the extra folder.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:06 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
Using your message as a guide, I changed the send to device template so that it now has the series included. I placed this in the send to device and in the save template under the plugin for my device.

My template is {author_sort}/{series}/{series_index}{title} - {authors}

It seems to work. However, I am getting an error when calibre tries to 'send metadata to device'. I get this error message:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 427, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 249, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 392, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 390, in write_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\json_codec.p y", line 122, in encode_to_file
File "json\__init__.py", line 238, in dumps
File "json\encoder.py", line 203, in encode
MemoryError

Did I do something wrong?
That message says that calibre asked your computer's OS for some memory and the OS said "no, you can't have it". There isn't much that calibre can do at that point.

My guess is that you have large programs running and that your computer's "virtual memory" is full. The easiest way to test this is to stop some of these other programs. If that fixes the problem, then you need to take the appropriate steps on your computer to increase its available virtual memory. How to do that depends on which OS and version you are running.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Jade Aislin
Groupie

@chaley: I wasn't using any other programs other than a couple firefox screens. So I didn't think that was my issue. Thanks though.

@davidfor: That seemed to fix the problem. I did fiddle with how the series index is shown{author_sort}/{series}{series_index:0>5.2f| - | - }{title} - {authors}. Thanks.