Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #331
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
I'm way ahead of my books to read goal, I should up it sometime soon. 46/60 (12,784 pages) completed already! I really didn't expect to be reading so much this year.

I have discovered new authors, which is one of my goals. Unfortunately, that has also sent me in the wrong direction for reducing by TBR list.

But, hey, I'm reading and enjoying it, which is a good thing.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #332
rpmazur
Connoisseur
rpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre (for MAC), MoonReader (Android)
Almost done with 3rd book on the challenge list and that will add another 300+ pages to the count. I am falling waaaaay behind but will have time to catch up come May and June.
rpmazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #333
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I may finally be getting my reading mojo back and I'm very excited about it! I read 7 or 8 chapters of Dead Beat (Dresden Files, Book #7) last night. If all goes well I hope to finish the book by Tuesday or Wednesday, especially since I'll be working on Thursday and Friday. I'm volunteering today, but will have about an hours break to get some reading done.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #334
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I had my reading mojo back for a couple of weeks, and then lost it again. sigh. But I have sliced off a bit on my unread pile so far. And have found some books that will be purged from Calibre, for various reasons.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #335
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I had my reading mojo back for a couple of weeks, and then lost it again. sigh.
Me, too.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #336
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Same boat for me. I didn't even look at a book until the middle of this month. I should be at 15 by the end of this month to reach my goal, but I'm only at 3.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #337
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
March is the conclusion of the first quarter of 2012 and I am still a little shy of my quarterly goal of twenty books, and it looks like I will be shy of that goal for some time. How many of us have reached their quarterly goal.

In case you do not know what I mean by a quarterly goal, here is what I mean - take the twelve months of 2012 and divde them into three groups each with three months in it. Call each of these groups quarters. The first quarter of 2012 consists of January, February and March. Thus the end of March 2012 ends first quarter 2012.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #338
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
If I take out the short stories, I am up to 32 at the moment

initial target was for 50 but have now set that to 75
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #339
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My aim is to get my TBR list below 300. It increased in 2010, and in 2011 I will have only reduced it by about 15 to 20 books. I need to do a lot better in 2012!
OK, a quarter of the year (nearly) gone. I've removed 38 books from my TBR pile, leaving another 40 to be removed in the next nine months. This would appear to mean that I'm vey much ahead of schedule.

But if I look at the read:bought ratio instead, I'm not doing as well. Ignoring the ones I bought and then abandoned, I'm at 45 read to 20 bought. That's only just above the 2:1 ratio I needed

In short, I think my progress is not as good as it appears, but I think I am on track to get my TBR below 300 by the end of the year.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #340
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At that level paulsater you have blown past the first quarter mark and you are almost at the first half mark, you are current right through the end of June 2012, the conclusion of second quarter 2012 and first half 2012.

Pddurant has polished off the first quater 2012 and is working his way through the second quater towards the conclusion of first half of 2012. I have almost polished off first quarter at this point.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #341
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If I'm supposed to be at 25% of my targets I think I've underestimated my reading challenges:

Letters: 76.92%
Decades: 84.62%
Books: 46.00%
Pages: 53.37%
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #342
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Assuming I finish my current book on today's ride home (I should be able to do that easily), I will be just ahead of my goal with 5,456 pages read out of 20,000, or about 27% done.

Here is my live chart:
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #343
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Assuming I finish my current book on today's ride home...
Now over here, a ride would normally be on a bicycle or motorbike (or a horse). Hope you are not suggesting...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #344
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now over here, a ride would normally be on a bicycle or motorbike (or a horse). Hope you are not suggesting...
I take our commuter train/light rail to and from work which is about 45 minutes each way for me. I get most of my reading done there and very little done at home. I prefer to play with my kids when I get home.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #345
jbcohen
Wizard

I hear you darzin, I get up at an ung-dly hour of 4:30am to go into the office so that I can come home early and play with my son. I figure that he is not awake during the 4:30-7am time frame so I report into the office for that time frame and get to play with him when I come home. Although sometimes I regret this, seems to me that my morning cup of tea is the only thing that gets me going that early.

Although I do not get as much reading time as I would like I tend to get some of it in on the commute back and forth to the office and after the little tike goes to bed. I still manage approximatly two hours a day which apppears to be enough to plow through most of the books that I want to.

Last edited by jbcohen; 04-02-2012 at 02:09 PM.