Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
K4PC DeDRM Plugin

Has anyone been having problems with the above plugin, it stopped working for me yesterday??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Has anyone been having problems with the above plugin, it stopped working for me yesterday??
Looking at the appropriate blog, it seems that Amazon have made some small changes to the DRM that will need a new update. There's a link there to a new version of the plug-in to test.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Looking at the appropriate blog, it seems that Amazon have made some small changes to the DRM that will need a new update. There's a link there to a new version of the plug-in to test.
Thanks, I looked there but I didn't see any new posts, I must have missed it.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Thanks, I looked there but I didn't see any new posts, I must have missed it.
What's your K4PC version, and your tools version ?
Afraid I could be hit as well
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
What's your K4PC version, and your tools version ?
Afraid I could be hit as well
I was using the latest K4pc and the 0.1.9 version of the plugin, I then tried 0.2.3 but that didn't fix it but the 0.2.4 version works and I am back in business.
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook gen 3, Opus
Help guys I the same problem 0.2.3 version is not working where can i find 0.2.4?

oops, just found it, must have upgraded the version overnight

Last edited by anarcHy; 02-17-2011 at 01:17 PM.
anarcHy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook gen 3, Opus
Crisis is over and standard reading operation is in progress, I love my calibre , to all those continuing the apprentice's work
anarcHy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 AM   #8
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
2.6 is now available at the usual place
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
2.6 is now available at the usual place
Thanks, heading there now.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
Crisis Averted

Thanks, all, for letting me know that I ought to check periodically for updates. My version of tools was outdated, and since I often purchase books from Amazon, and K4PC's recent update would have brought about a crisis.

Thanks especially to those who are continuing work on the tools and plugins!

Last edited by redbees; 02-20-2011 at 10:04 PM.
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbees View Post
I was using tools_v1.9, and have now acquired 2.6. Is necessary to remove the old plugins before installing the new ones? (and in addition reconfigure the new plugins?) Or do I leave the old ones in place, along with the configuration information they contain? (This is obviously my first time making changes to Calibre plugins, and I don't know what to do. When I install new versions of Calibre, I uninstall the old first, so I am assuming that I should do the same for plugins. (??)

Also, I went to aa's for my initial info, and this update. I had seen the update mentioned both in this thread, and in another on MobileRead. I did not see a K4PC change and resulting update mentioned on aa's blog. If there is another source of information concerning changes to K4PC (and other readers/DRM schemes) and resulting changes to plugins in response, could someone please let me know, if necessary in a PM? Thanks.
I ran into a conflict with 0.1.9 and .0.2.4 so it is best to remove the old version although with me it put the config info into the updated version.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
I ran into a conflict with 0.1.9 and .0.2.4 so it is best to remove the old version although with me it put the config info into the updated version.
Thanks for your reply. That was fast. You replied to my post while I was editing it. I had decided that removing the old plugin versions would be wise, and just did it. Good to know I did the right thing. I reconfigured the plugins, but next time I'll see what happens if I don't reenter the config information.
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
mmwhite
mmwhite began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hello: I am new - have Calibre - and appreciate all of the plug-in developers' work. I downloaded AA instructions for K4PC 2.3. Now i have read there is a 2.6 version. Pleeze "hand-hold" me and tell me where to find it? I googled it with no results. I am just a reader who wishes not to have to buy a Kindle to read an Amazon book.
mmwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwhite View Post
Hello: I am new - have Calibre - and appreciate all of the plug-in developers' work. I downloaded AA instructions for K4PC 2.3. Now i have read there is a 2.6 version. Pleeze "hand-hold" me and tell me where to find it?
At the bottom of AA's site there is a link to tools_v3.6.zip (latest). In that 11 Feb, 2010 post AA talks about Dark Reverser’s New Blog which is where you can find a discussion about such plugins and ask questions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

In addition, although Alf retired, he passed the keys of the site onto others and the AA site still has a comments section open (in the very last blog on the AA site just beneath the link for the tools) and usual people there are still answering questions and support is provided.

All DRM related plugin questions should be asked there or the Dark Reverser's New Blog and not here since these plugins are not actually part of Calibre.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote