Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
JakeJackson
JakeJackson began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Exclamation iRex iLiad Discontinued

After recently attempting to purchase an iLiad from a reseller in the US, I have discovered that it is no longer available for resale in North America. This is apparently due to the fact that a new manufacturing process does not complie with FCC regulations of some sort. The ban is brand new; as it were, I only missed purchasing one by about a week.

Ebay, here I come!

(On a more pleasant note, this is my first forum post! )
JakeJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
That's really strange. And too bad.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
This has been a known issue for a while now. I talked to iRex about it recently. There isn't an official announcement from their management yet, but they are working on the problem and currently are still planning on offering the device for sale in North America once they can get the regulations worked out.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
FYI,

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44047
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #5
spongy
spongy began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
This is so frustrating as I have ordered it on April 16 and have not heard from Irex about it !! I have written to Irex and they told me they are shipping on the week of May 18 but till now, I have not received any reply from them. Is there anyway that I can lodge a complaint on them since I have paid for it on April 16 ?
spongy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
america, discontinued, iliad, irex, unavailable