Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
rjcchan
Zealot
rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
Using a Nano

i presently use iTunes to mange my Audible books..make playlists and put them on my Nano 4(i think that is what it is). From what i read around here i am considerably out of date but i may be forced into an upgrade soon. My questions:

1. How do people (does anyone) get Audible books on a Nano if they are no longer recognized by iTunes?

2. Do the newer Nano's play Audiblebooks?
rjcchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
i presently use iTunes to mange my Audible books..make playlists and put them on my Nano 4(i think that is what it is).
All of my audible audiobooks are still in iTunes. I think you'll be able to transfer them to your Nano just fine. I suspect it's only the smart devices where the audible books are available through iBooks.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
moeras
moeras began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use media monkey. There is a portable version as well.
moeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My mom's nano4 works fine with Audible and iTunes. Sometimes it objects to really long files. You can download a split file if you need to, but usually it means your nano is due for a reset because its brains are getting bungled. I believe only the nano 1 will be losing support partly due to the recall 4years ago.

I no longer have access to the 3 audio books I bought through iTunes which is why I never bought through them again. I remove DRM from Audible books for the same reason I do it for e-books. Playing on different devices and archiving should my purchases disappear from the catalog.

Last edited by Tarana; 02-09-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I re-read. If your audio books are no longer installing on iTunes, contact tech support at audible.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote