Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And that page is indexed just above the TOC of the master index:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Prefix_Index

But I don't think many people find it, even though it is the first link to anything at all.

Does not matter, I am going to use it.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #17
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@stangri: Nope, it's really not . What's the beginning of the S/N on your device?

(And, FWIW, the whitelist is deprecated in 0.11.N, and has nothing to do with the lighting up of the 'UYK' link, that's completely handled by the Kindle).
It starts with B006 A0A0. If I'm not using the correct file then which one is?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@stangri: My bad, it's actually because of the min/target OTA levels. It's just not built to support 3.4, probably because it doesn't, so instead of breaking in unexpected ways in the middle of processing an unknown firmware, it just doesn't even run on unknown firmwares.

You'll have to at least tweak the build scripts, and more likely everything else to actually properly handle fw 3.4.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #19
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

I'm afraid I'm not that proficient, but I would gladly try someone else's script to prepare the 3.4 firmware for the DXG.

If anyone can help, I'd be much obliged.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #20
stangri
Addict

Also, since we're on the subject -- I can't get neither K3 (tried both pre-3.2.1 and 3.2.1) or dxg jailbreak scripts to work on my 3.2.1 ex-demo DXG.

I believe I had jailbroken 3.2.1 on the previous demo DXG (which I've had to send back to the ebay seller because of the small screen defect), but don't remember how.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@stangri: Yifanlu's stuff includes a jailbreak, no need to install it manually.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
horizon21
bookster
horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi+3G
I do not want to open another thread, hence my post in this one. I just updated my kindle 3 to FW 3.4. When I tried to install Niluje's jailbreak ver 0.11.N_k3g, I get an "update failed" message. Why is this happening
Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
what error numbr is it?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
horizon21
bookster
horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi+3G
The error is U004.
EDIT: I think I found the solution in geekmaster's post here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=2614

Last edited by horizon21; 10-12-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@horizon21: That quote's conclusion is accurate, but the fix proposed is now deprecated (as of a few hours ago ^^).

I switched the packages (ie. the default one runs on 3.2.1, 3.3 & 3.4). Use the -3.0-to-3.2 one if you're running on an older FW.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-12-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:39 AM   #26
newpain01
newpain01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PaperWhite 3
Hey guys,
Sorry for posting in this old topic, but my question is related to this topic.
I have a Kindle 3 Keyboard Wifi, Serial number starts with B008 with firmware 3.4.2. I want to jailbreak it so I can use the Kindle Collections Calibre plugin to organise my books in collections (too many books on the device and going through all of them one by one would take too long time).
I have been searching through the forum to fund the correct firmware file to update my device, but no luck. I also checked the mobileread wiki, but no info for the 3.4.x firmware.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...26_4.x_Kindles

Can you please provide some information on where I can find the correct image?

Best Regards
Old 02-21-2016, 03:47 AM   #27
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
In the "Font, ScreenSaver & USBNetwork Hacks for Kindle 2.x, 3.x & 4.x" thread which is linked TWICE in that Wiki article.

Moderator Notice

When you tried to post, you should've seen the following warning:
Quote:
Old Thread Warning
This thread is quite old and may contain outdated information. We recommend that you begin a new discussion if you like to talk about a similar topic. Of course, you may also proceed and reply here.
Please do not perform acts of necromancy on an old thread without a very good reason.

Thread

Closed Thread