Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
ePub on Nook for Android

I downloaded a sample from Amazon on my PC and converted it to ePub in Caliber, then put the file on my phone in the Nook/MyDocuments folder. I can open the book and read it in Nook for Android, but no matter what font I choose, it remains on the same serif font.

EDIT: OK, I reconverted the file in Caliber with Fonts checked under "Select what style information you want completely removed" (Look & Feel/Filter Style Information tab) and that fixed it!

Last edited by toronado; 02-11-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Would you give any details about that? What did you place under Filter Style tab?

Oh, I see you checked Fonts. That's it? You just got rid of embedded fonts but did not replace them, so now your reader uses default fonts?

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 02-21-2012 at 03:45 PM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbokJunkie View Post
Would you give any details about that? What did you place under Filter Style tab?
I ticked (checked) the "Fonts" checkbox.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote