Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen > Gen3 Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Opening picture on Cybook Gen 3

Does anyone know if the opening picture on the Cybook Gen3 can be changed (maybe a hack). I'm tired of seeing Bill Clinton every time I turn the Gen3 on.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Does anyone know if the opening picture on the Cybook Gen3 can be changed (maybe a hack). I'm tired of seeing Bill Clinton every time I turn the Gen3 on.
I had exactly the same thought

I don't think there's a way to change it now, but maybe with a future firmware upgrade...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:49 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I'm tired of seeing Bill Clinton every time I turn the Gen3 on.
That was one of the main reasons I bought a Gen3 .

No, it can't be changed - it's a part of the firmware. Why not request it as an enhancement request to "support@bookeen.com"? They seem very receptive to feedback.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:47 AM   #4
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:

So much for fame. I didn't even recognize him. But now you told me, I found the picture, the title of the book gave it away. It really is big, almost 4*5 millimeter and surrounded by 9 others.

There is an easy solution for you. Leave the cybook switched on. I wil last for days on a single charge

Last edited by Ortep; 03-02-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo's
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ain't diversity grand!:
Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

No, it can't be changed - it's a part of the firmware. Why not request it as an enhancement request to "support@bookeen.com"? They seem very receptive to feedback.
Thanks for the suggestion Harry. I did.

BTW I like my leather/vinyl cover. From reading the reports, I didn't think I would. Also thanks to all the suggestions here, I have had very little trouble with my CyBook & the things that I did have trouble with, I solved very easily due to previous user's experience.

Happily CyBooking Don.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Got this reply from Bookeen. Thought others would be interested.

Quote:
Thank you very much for taking the time to send us comments and suggestions.

We are working on improving the device with a coming firmware upgrade in March.

Best regards,
Bookeen Support Team
Old 03-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Never had the opportunity to see a cyBook yet.....I've got to ask the question:

Does this thing *really* display a photo of Bill Clinton when it boots up? If it does, how do I cancel my order?

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:40 AM   #9
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
Never had the opportunity to see a cyBook yet.....I've got to ask the question:

Does this thing *really* display a photo of Bill Clinton when it boots up? If it does, how do I cancel my order?

-Jeff
No, it does not. It shows a small picture of the library and one of the ten books is a book from Clinton. If you have good eyes and are a fast reader you can see the title. And if you know the title you can (perhaps) recognize his face on the cover. I didn't even see it until slayda mentioned it.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:06 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
No, it does not. It shows a small picture of the library and one of the ten books is a book from Clinton. If you have good eyes and are a fast reader you can see the title. And if you know the title you can (perhaps) recognize his face on the cover. I didn't even see it until slayda mentioned it.
The boot screen shows the picture of the Gen3 that you can see here.

As you see, one of the books shown in the library is Bill Clinton's "My Life".
Old 03-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #11
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
The boot screen shows the picture of the Gen3 that you can see here.

As you see, one of the books shown in the library is Bill Clinton's "My Life".
Considering the source, the book's real title should be "My Lies".
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:17 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Mr. Clinton is extremely highly respected here in the UK. He played a major role in helping to bring the troubles in Northern Ireland to an end.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #13
Ortep
Fanatic

The problem is of course that in any library any book can be considerd 'bad' by some people.

And for everybody there is in any library a book that he or she can consider 'bad'

The same bootscreen also shows the DaVinci Code. For some people that is a blasphemous book. The same can be said about Harry Potter.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:48 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

As someone new here, and potentially looking at the Gen3 - surely the book can be deleted ? - or is that a daft question ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:11 AM   #15
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
As someone new here, and potentially looking at the Gen3 - surely the book can be deleted ? - or is that a daft question ?

It is not a book, it is a picture of the library containing ten books. And I can imagine that any of these ten books can be offending for someone. As can any picture I guess. The only solution is no picture at all. But then I would be offended. That is censorship